Kaffy is everybody's favorite dancer in Nigeria. In this article, you can learn more about her biography.
You probably better know Kafayat Oluwatoyin Shafau by her stage name Kaffy. She was the one who broke the Guinness World Records for “Longest Dance Party” at the Nokia Silverbird Danceathon in 2006. She is the star of every successful Nigerian artist’s music videos, a dancer, choreographer, dance instructor and fitness coach.
Now let’s look at a few facts about Kaffy’s biography.
- Kaffy was born in London and grew up in Canada, New York and Egypt. As a teen, she came to live in Lagos with her parents.
- She completed her primary education at Chrisland School, Opebi and her secondary school education at Coker Secondary School, Orile-Iganmu.
READ ALSO: Who is the richest African artist?
- Then, she attended Yaba College of Technology for a while and then obtained a diploma in data processing from Olabisi Onabanjo University.
- In her interviews, she says that her childhood dream was to become an Aeronautic Engineer.
- Dancing was only a hobby for Kaffy until she appeared at Adewale Ayuba and Ruggedman’s music videos.
- Kaffy’s dancing career started after she performed a dance on stage during an official event. Someone spotted her at the National Stadium where she went for dance rehearsals and workouts.
- In 2006, Kaffy’s dance group managed to break the Guinness Book of Records world record for "Longest Dance Party". It’s incredible, but they danced for 55 hours and 40 minutes.
- She is currently working as a dance instructor.
- Kaffy has developed innovative visualization-based methods for teaching dance and in an accelerated learning format.
- READ ALSO: Who are top Nigerian pop singers?