The popularity of this actress is on a peak now. She has a lot of fans who follow her successful career. Are you also interested?
She was born on the 3rd May 1979 in Mbaise, Imo State, Nigeria and grew up in Lagos, Nigeria. Nnaji has eight sisters and brothers. She was the 4th among them. The future actress grew up in a middle class upbringing. She studied at the Methodist Girls College Yaba. After it she entered University of Lagos.
But she started her career of actress long before the studying. At the age of 8 she filmed in the popular at that times television soap opera Ripples. She became famous due to the movie “Most Wanted”. Though Nigerian film industry was just developing, the film turned to be very successful.
Later she worked in such movies as Last Party, Mark of the Beast and Ijele. In 2010 she starred in the film The Journey. It was awarded.
Nnaji also succeeded as a good model. In 2004 she became the "Face of Lux" in Nigeria. In 2008 Nnaji desighned and established a clothing line. Its name is "St. Genevieve". All the profits from it she donates to charity. In May 2010 Nnaji was selected to be the official "Face of MUD" in Nigeria.
Being a 36 year old actress, she combines her main work with being a fashion designer, model, and singer. Here are some interesting facts from her life:
- She got her first film role at the age of 11;
- She never thought she’d be an actress, she says she really got into it to make some money for her family;
- She initially wanted to become a lawyer, but she decided to focus on her acting;
- She did her first stage play, ‘Private Lies’ when she was 25 years old;
- Media giant, Oprah Winfrey once referred to her as “Julia Roberts of Africa”.
Genevieve Nnaji, being a famous celebrity, has a lot of fans. Recently they got interested in her life. Because, as we know, she hasn't starred in any films this year. Her latest work is film "Road To yesterday" which was starred last year. Nevertheless Genevieve is still called Nigeria's favourite celebrity.
Thanks to todays social networks it’s easy enough to find out about any celebrity’s life. So, let’s check what distracted Genevieve Nnaji from her work for two months.
- Last month the actress attended the Toronto International Film Festival (TIFF) and had a blast!; Also she found some time to sign autographs for her fans; She was noticed by fans at the Time Square; Some people say that she had a trip to Toronto and she enjoyed it;
- According to her photos on Instagram she got back from the film festival and attended the premier of AY Makun's "A Trip To Jamaica"; Also she had time to hang out with pals RMD and Stephanie Linus; Then she headed out for a Dom Pérignon P2 party; Looking at her some latest photos we can see that several days ago she visited her hairdresser and got a new haircut; According to her account in social network she wore wonderful red dress to church on Sunday, October 16, 2016.
Don’t lose your favourite selebrities, follow them in the Internet!