Nigerians love to have a laugh over a good joke. Get the 10 top funniest of them here and enjoy them with your friends.
Jokes are essential parts of our life. They help us to not only stay optimistic, but support conversations and even relations with the others. Everyone should know when people laugh together, it makes them closer to each other. However, there are those, who do not have that good sense of humor. Such people need some kind of assistance, and for them we want to offer 10 funniest Nigerian jokes.
Let’s start with the observation what a joke actually is and which features makes it a good one. Only after this, you will be able to estimate 10 funniest Nigerian jokes. You probably think that only professional comedians are capable of creating smart and funny jests. Nevertheless, it is not true. Every person can do that.
Types of comedy
It is essential to select your so-called “genre”. Thus, you will know what direction to work in and your ideas will be more concrete. Consider the following kinds:
Satire. In this case, you are mocking at a particular section of society or politicians. We can point some criticism be means of such fun.
Slapstick. It is a kind of rude joke. For example, somebody tells you to be careful, while you, being distracted from what you have been doing, make a mistake or fall down, etc.
Irony. It is when the opposite of what has been expected happens or where someone says the opposite of what they actually mean. There is a lack of harmony between reality and expected things.
Parody. The comedians imitate someone’s behavior or manners in order to create a comic effect.
Spoof. It is a slight imitation. Its purpose is not to ridicule. People just have fun seeing familiar things.
Sarcasm. It mostly concerns short remarks, which are intended to insult somebody. Some stated idea is usually used as a basis. It also often features irony.
Black comedy. Such humorous jokes are specific. They make fun on serious issues. Their aim is to ease the pain or point some important things.
Farce. This type of comedy deals with complete exaggeration. Preposterous situations are applied.
Surrealism. Such jests contain bizarre and unexpected things.
Thus, you see that Nigeria jokes and comedy are very rich in their types. If you want to become a comedian and surprise your friends, you need to first define your style.
Funny Nigerian jokes
You have probably heard that the most famous jokes in Nigeria are Akpos ones. So, the funniest jokes in Nigeria are as follows:
1. Pregnant Maid.
Our daughter is pregnant!
That’s her problem.
Neighbors are talking!
It is their problem!
I am nervous.
It is your problem.
- They are sure it is yours!
That’s my problem!
The man comes too late and knocks the door. His wife says:
- Go back from where you have just come.
- I will jump into a pool.
- Whatever. Kill yourself.
The man throws a stone into the water. The wife runs out of the house to help, while the man is carefully comes inside and locks the door. The woman is in shock:
- Let me in or I will shout!
- Oh, and you will explain all the neighbors where you have come from in your pants and bra in the midnight.
3. Three Thieves.
Three criminals are in the court for getting their punishment. The judge says: I will give it corresponding to the number of things you have stolen. The first man received just a year for a can of sardine. The second one got 30 years for taking a tray of eggs. Akpos appeared to be the least lucky, as he took a bag of rice…
4. At the Border.
A man crosses the border on the bicycle. The officer on the Custom asks:
- What are you carrying?
- Just rice.
The officer spent much time checking and found nothing but rice. The second time the situation repeated.
- What are you caring?
Proper examinations were made in vain again. Once the officer met that man in the bar, he asked:
- Tell me in secret, what are you smuggling?
5. Who killed Abel.
A policeman is reading a Bible. Akpos comes to him and asks:
-Who killed Abel?
-Ask the one in charge of murder cases! – shouts the officer.
6. First Class.
Akpos comes home and tells his father:
- I have got the highest points at school today!
The father was very happy and spent all his money to celebrate it. But when they came home the dad saw the real marks of his son.
- What does it suppose to mean?!
- April Fool’s Day!
7. Our Problem.
The Akpos comes home from his office very upset.
- What happened?
- I have some problems in my office.
- All the problems are ours!
- So, then a secretary in our office is pregnant for us.
The wife fainted.
8. Attractive. Darling.
Says the wife, – I’m already 55, but one of your friends thinks I am very beautiful. The man answers: I am sure it is Brad. But how did you know? – asks the woman in astonishment. And gets the reply: He always deals in leftovers…
A man writes on the forum:
Our politicians go to Europe for education, to Paris for holidays, to Dubai for shopping, to the US for work. They only want to go to Nigeria for being buried here. I want to ask: Is it a cemetery?
10. Missing Phone.
Akpos is looking for his phone in the darkness. He uses the light of his lost device. Where is it? – he asks. Then a call comes. Akpos answers: I will call you back later, I’ve lost my mobile! After thinking a bit, he tries to dial his number on the phone in his hands. And… he hears a busy signal. Oh, forget it! – says Akpos, – the phone has been stolen and someone has just cut my call!
These funny stories are very popular in Nigeria. You can find them and many other Nigerian jokes and comedyon the Internet. Enjoy reading them and share with your mates via social networks or during the party.
The best comedians
Now when you know about the funniest jokes, you will probably want to know, who is the best comedian in Nigeria. Let’s observe the list:
- Alibaba. He is often referred to as Grand Comedian of the Federal Republic. He is really one of the most prominent in this sphere. He was the first to start a concept of Stand up show in this country. He has taken part in plenty of important celebrations in the state.
- Julius Agwu. He is not only outstanding comedian, but also a music artist. Besides, he is going to become the nest Governor of his native state (Rivers).
- Saka. Everyone remember the situation with Etisalat, when being their ambassador, he ported to MTN. Besides, now he is a lecturer and a singer as well. Though he is not a Stand Up artist, many Nigerians adore him.
- Gordons. He is the author of his jokes. Many of them are Ministry-based. He called himself Comedy Berlusconi.
- AY. The full name is Ayo Makun. And he is one of the most creative Stand Up comedians. Moreover, he is an actor, a musician, a TV host, and an entertainer.
- Seyi Law. He is considered Gordons’ partner, because of the similar agility. He touches religios issues. He often plays Jesus Christ on the stage.
- I go die. His stories are connected with poverty, politics, and some other issues like that. There are plenty of lies in his jokes, though they are very funny.
- Apkororo. He is a Stand Up artist, who has managed to gain success very quickly. He also starts dealing with music industry.
- Bovi. He was actually the one, who had made Akpos stories popular. Before starting this career, he was featured in Nollywood.
- Basketmouth. Everyone in Nigeria knows him. He is thought to be a King of Comedy for his striking jokes and mini-movies. Besides, he is Glo ambassador. What is more, he has managed to become famous far beyond Nigerian borders.
These guys are a very prominent example of the success of Nigerian industry of comedy. Nowadays many of them are known throughout African continent. It means that there are lots of talented people in this country.
Everyone is able to become a wonderful comedian. All you need is strong desire and hardworking. Online jokes are available these days and you can take them as a good example. Now you also know who the greatest Stand Up artists are. Thus, you can learn from them. The key thing is to define your own style.
Remember that you need to know your audience.
Some people may not accept jokes about religion or black humor. So, if you are gifted enough, you can try to become the next King of Comedy in the country. Everything is possible if you are ready to make plenty of efforts. It is important not to give up, because sometimes it takes time to find your listeners. Do not get upset and try to learn lessons from your failures. Then, once you will be on the stage as one of the most prominent comedians of modern Nigeria.
- READ ALSO: Funny Nigerian sexy jokes in English – 5 top