Nigeria is not an easy place to build your business. However, these 5 people have managed to do it and became successful. Learn more about their lives and stories.
In Nigeria, it is difficult to become rich and successful. However, there are lots of talented people in this country, who have managed to go it. Some of them are old, but there're also young ones. You will probably be interested in getting to know about Nigerian entrepreneurs under 30.
You should know that young entrepreneurs in Nigeria are not a common case. You must be very hardworking to achieve something. Entrepreneurship might be described as process of creating new business. It might be a startup company, which offers special products. That means you need to have enough money to start as well as plenty of courage and self-confidence.
Features of successful entrepreneurs in Nigeria
All the successful Nigerian entrepreneurs possess certain characteristics, which have helped them to reach the top. They include:
Creative thinking. For the prosperity of your company, the product you have decided to sell must be unique. Besides, it should be able to compete with other goods in the segment. Otherwise, it will lead to the crash or absence of development.
Adaptive. You must be always ready to change your business. You may introduce some new technologies or strategies in order to make the production or sells better.
Competitive spirit. If you don't like competitions, forget about entrepreneurship. A good businessman understands, it's essential to have a competitor. It might be used as a motivation for further firm growth and development.
Confidence. It is obvious, and we have already mentioned it. To start a business you must be sure you are able to handle it. You should be always self-confident, even if something is not perfect from the very beginning.
Passion. It is vital for any startup. You must like what you do and be certain in future success. Positive thinking is essential in any situation. Get ready to fight for your business.
Vision. You should have an ability to predict what can happen in various situations and how different factors may affect your business. Set achievable goals and reach them.
Risk-taker. Try to calculate the risks and don't be afraid of them. They are always present in such sphere. You can even start doing something new or in the other way than all the rest.
Team player. You will never reach success if you're alone. You must have good friends nearby and be able to rely on them. Trust and help people. While you are working together, you are strong.
Communicator. It is important to be capable of talking to different people. Employees, share-holders, investors – they are all essential and you must speak to them effectively.
Determination. Concrete aims must be created. When you have them, do appropriate research work and find ways to achieve them. You need to know what you want.
Innovator. Creativity is just one step. You should turn your ideas into real life, despite of the risks and uncertainty.
Management of money. If you can't do it, give everything up. Good entrepreneur are the best in this field. They can not only earn, but also spend money wisely.
Focused. It is vital to be concentrated on your business. Follow one goal until you get success in it.
Understanding failures. Mistakes are a part of development. Don't give up trying and working. Sometimes failure can help you in finding out some new information, which will later allow you to achieve more.
Perseverance. Keep working even if you aren't completely sure in the future. If you start, you must go until the end. Remain constant in your aims.
You may be sure that all the Nigerian entrepreneurs under 30 have such qualities. Otherwise, it would be impossible for them to become so prominent.
Young Nigerian entrepreneurs
Now let’s observe the list of billionaires in Nigeria. Consider the following ones:
- Affiong Williams. It might be hard to believe, but this woman is just 29 years old. She is a founder of Reelfruit. This fruit processing company appeared in 2012. They deal with processing, packaging, and branding quality products. Their first one was range of dried nuts and fruit snacks. You can find them all over Nigeria nowadays. This striking woman has managed to get several awards, including Women In Business Competition in the Netherlands as well as SME exhibition in Lagos. What she is currently trying to do is expanding her company into airline market. It would make it even more successful.
- Abiola Olaniran. This man is even younger than the previous entrepreneur is – 26 years old. He is both a founder and director of Gamsole (gaming company). It is situated in Lagos. It was also founded in 2012. Nowadays he is thought to be the highest paid Windows game developer in Nigeria. His company deals with mobile games as well. Their products have about 10 million downloads by now.
- Bankole Cardoso. He is one, who is always ready for changes. Being just 26 years old, he has become founding chief executive of online taxi hailing application, Easy Taxi Nigeria, an Internet-backed startup. Nowadays he is engaged in new project; however, he still cooperates with Easy Taxi. Besides, he claims that their application has managed to become extremely popular in both Lagos and Abuja.
- Emeka Akano. He is a very innovative businessman. Together with his partner Chinedu Onyeaso, they have created a match-making service, which is now useful for all the African entrepreneurs. It is called Founder2Be. It looks like online dating – all you need is just to click for having a deal. Besides, two of them also established web developing country, known as Entarado. They create effective applications and solutions for various business purposes.
- Ola Orekunrin. This is another woman in the list. She is not only a current managing director, but also a founder of Flying Doctors Nigeria Ltd. It is air ambulance service, which is situated in Lagos. In fact, this is the first company of such type in the whole West Africa. They provide people in need with helicopters, airplane ambulances, and other evacuation services. As a businesswoman claims, tragedy motivated her to create a firm. Her little sister died at the age of 12. She grew up in England and obtained proper medical education. She was the youngest to take the doctor’s Hippocratic Oath in Britain at the age of 21.
You see, these people a really successful. It's not always obligatory to get degree in finance or have lots of money. All you need to become the richest in Nigeria is working hard.
It isn't easy to become sophisticated entrepreneur. Nevertheless, everyone has a chance to try. First of all, you must develop special qualities, which will be useful for your business development in the future. Remember that you need to talk to people and be ready for negotiations. There is no need to argue, all you must do is follow you plan ad achieve your goals.
It is better not to give up and accept your failures as important lessons. Try making use of them!
In Nigeria, there is large number of gifted people, who has managed to start their business. It's wonderful that more of them are young enough. It means that in future the economy of the country may get great development. So, don’t be scared and never miss the opportunity. You may become the next young billionaire!