Are teachers always responsible for those whom they taught? What are the most widespread mistakes of teachers? Read the article to learn.
Teachers are responsible for student learning
The teacher is the authority and the person who give images and concepts to students about the world, about human relations and shows a way of development or degradation. In total, he imparts all the knowledge to the students or only those, which are favorable to the teacher. And everything directly depends on the inner world of the teacher. In most cases, incomplete knowledge keeps the person in dependence and constantly using the student in the mercenary purposes confirm bad intentions. Teachers have to be the cleanest people with great soul, kind heart, and kind intentions. Our life is series of various situations, tests, and aspirations and in each of these moments of our life, we have to take important knowledge for us, our family, our children, or our health, as well as fatal decisions relying on the knowledge, which we had gained from our teachers. The right choice and result of our choice directly depend on the quality of knowledge.
Let's analyze several usual situations. For example, in accidents on the road people and property have suffered. But today's system says to us that the driver is awful. But the driver who got the rights, studied at school and there is a person who has told that this person can have the rights! There is also a mistake of the person who teaches how to drive. Teachers are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning. Or, for example, the young physician has finished educational institution, has come to work, has begun to help people and suddenly has killed the person. Whether it is incidentally or especially – is not important. There is a harm fact itself. The teacher of this physician has told that he is the good doctor and he needed to get the diploma. It means that the teacher gave the diploma to the illiterate person. When the young physician treated someone, he relied on the knowledge of the teacher. If he were taught well, then there would be no crime. It is possible to consider any profession and hobby, as, for example, the policeman: he studied at school and the teacher has told that he is the good in what he does. The cook studied in culinary. And so on. In each direction, there is a person who gave this knowledge, after which there was an unpleasant situation. However, here many people will say that they subscribed over personal responsibility and they are adults and have to be responsible for the student’s failure. But they took responsibility because thought that knowledge, which is given by them, is correct, exact, and full. The quality of knowledge can be checked only with time. But here is the list of the most widespread reasons, which causes of students’ failure in examination.
READ ALSO: What makes a good teacher?
Are teachers responsible for student’s failure? – Causes of students failure in exams and the real life.
- Decrease in cognitive interest at students and suppression of an initiative and inquisitiveness. Teachers like to say: 'Don't ask silly questions', 'don’t ask, listen at the lesson better', 'stop philosophizing' and so on. The result is a condition of laziness at students, the decrease in school motivation, a constraint of the speech in answers, roughness in relation to the teacher, and sublimation of cognitive activity in another sphere.
- Inability to govern the interpersonal relations of students. The teacher considers that he isn't obliged to direct contacts of students, to learn their pedagogical relations on the basis of humanistic values. The conflicts arising among school students are considered as their traits of character or parents. In teaching and educational process, the first component prevails. The result is as follows – spontaneously interpersonal contacts are founded, and the attitude towards the schoolmate, people, and the world is formed. The educational process isn't controlled, pedagogical situations get out of hand. The teacher begins to fight against the investigations, without understanding the real reason of irritability, aggression, uneasiness and passivity of children. Progress in study decreases and culture level falls.
- The suppression of the activity of students and their creative side. There is no aiming to develop consciousness of students (emphasis on the development of memory, intelligence, abilities). The situation of freedom of choice isn't created. Result is – emergence of passivity and laziness, lack of responsibility, reproductive learning of material, loss of school motivation, violation of self-organization, self-checking and introspection, decrease in the reflection of students, unconditional submission to the adult, fear to express the opinion or opposition to the world of adults, and breaking of social maturity.
- The activity becomes mechanical and external. There is the overload of monotonous kinds of activity in the course of training, a type of several examinations in one day, listening to information during many lessons, the long activity calculated for memory, abuse of test works on all subjects in one day. The result is the decrease in perception of students, irritability, mental and physical fatigue, the decrease in the motivation of the doctrine, disorganization of discipline and easing of the health of students.
- The school motivation isn't formed. Educational activity assumes the purpose, which is formed by internal motives. To induce to the studying is the main task of the teacher connected with satisfaction cognitive interest. Motives are formed indirectly, considering age features of children. The result is that the motive on communication with the teacher and with schoolmates is lost.
- READ ALSO: Nigerian army exam