Learning intervention can empower your life and change it for better. Find out more about it and its possibilities.
Learning is an inevitable part of our development. To achieve certain goals we need to know new things, to understand particular information. Of course, it’s impossible without carefully selected strategies and methods. Today we are going to find out what is learning intervention.
This term denotes involvement of students and a teacher into the process. The latest usually help pupils to understand the subject in depth, making them a part of learning in the classroom.
Types of learning strategies
These strategies may vary according to different factors, such as:
- subject matter,
- instruction style,
- student’s style of learning,
- objectives of learning, etc.
However, for the majority of fields of study they are usually the same. Their list includes:
- Visual. A trainer applies various images, diagrams, and demonstrations. Such media materials are thought to be quite useful in teaching.
- Aural. Different sounds, music, and recordings are rather popular in learning. They are able to provide necessary background for better understanding.
- Verbal. It combines both oral and written type of speech. It’s very helpful to use words and put some important things down. Sometimes it’s also possible to record the information and listen to it later.
- Physical. It is connected with personal experience of individuals. Concrete physical objects might be applied. Role-play is quite effective as well.
- Logical. Putting all the received information into a system may be very helpful for those, who are good at mathematics. Thus, it is possible to understand a bigger picture, to see the material in general.
- Social. Working with the other people allows sharing thoughts and ideals. You can get something you have missed or haven’t understood yet.
- Solitary. It is mostly connected with self-education. There is lots of work you must do by yourself. If you understand your learning needs, you can gain success. Intensive training and self-development is necessary. Study definite resources and articles on your subject.
READ ALSO: What is learning process in education.
To understand what is learning intervention, you need to know its types, which can be used by a trainee. Among them, there are:
- Formal Training. It is specially organized course or workshop, which can be either online or classroom-based. Certain group of people is created to get specific knowledge, for instance, in business.
- Coaching. A group of people may be trained, but a special management is needed in order to enable the development process. It is mostly applied to teach people how to do their current work better.
- Action Learning. Learners are looking for a decision of a real problem. It usually may occur in their workplace as well.
- Mentoring. It involves formal or informal support of a more experienced person.
- Job Rotation. People exchange their jobs and responsibilities. It is helpful when they will have to work in the same team in the future.
- Work Shadowing. Certain group of staff walks through the whole day of the other job (which is usually of interest).
- Workplace projects. It is a kind of a group work, where people are engaged in a specific project.
- On-the-job training. For this strategy, all you need is instructions. There is no necessity to leave your work place. You just fulfill a manager’s tasks during the day.
Early learning intervention
It is often used in the cases of children with various learning problems or disorders. They include:
Dyslexia. This disability is connected with the reading and writing problems.
Dyscalculia. The troubles occur when kids deal with mathematics.
Dysgraphia. It refers to the problems in forming letters while writing.
Language disorders (aphasia, dysphasia). They concern general understanding of speech (both oral and written).
Dyspraxia. It leads to the motor skills disability, such as movements and coordination problems.
Auditory/visual Processing Disorders. They denote difficulties with interpretation either visual information or sounds.
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Some people think it is a learning problem, but it isn’t completely right. Such children can be very successful at school despite of being easily distracted. However, many researchers claim that even if it is not a trouble itself, those kids are more likely to have one of the listed above.
There exist lots of special centers for such children. Specialists are sure that early intervention techniques and methods are able to help them to live a normal life and get proper education.
Learning intervention is very effective thing, which is useful for various purposes. Special strategies might be used in order to train business staff. At the same time, early intervention is very helpful for small children with different learning disorders.