How to make smooth, creamy and delicious Creme Brulee very fast and easy? How to do it without oven? Find out the best recipe in this article!
Crème Brulee is a French dessert which literally means “burnt cream.” Its smooth, creamy and delicious custard, topped with a caramelized crust tastes amazing. However, previously its recipe frightened everybody who tried to make. The reason is its complexity, because of the too long time of baking the custard in the oven. But this is not a problem anymore!
There is a fast and easy recipe with the help of which you can cook Crème Brulee without an oven! Believe us the result will be the same as if you would use the oven and spend more time. All you need is to have a steamer, wok or a deep pot apart from the ingredients. You will need next ingredients to prepare three portions of Crème Brulee (each 150 ml capacity):
- 100ml milk, room temperature
- 200ml thickened cream, room temperature
- Four egg yolks, room temperature
- Two teaspoons of vanilla extract
- Two tablespoons of caster sugar
Follow the next steps to prepare this dish:
1. Separate egg yolks from egg whites. You can use a special egg separator.
2. Stir caster sugar to the egg yolks and add milk, cream and vanilla extract and mix properly. Don’t beat too hard to avoid producing bubbles. If you do it, the surface of the end dish will not be smooth.
3. Drain the mixture through a fine sieve. As a result, you will have very smooth custard.
4. Divide the mixture into three ramekins. There is one secret trick which will make the custard surface smooth after steaming. You need to cover it with the foil. It will prevent the custard surface from being over-cooked before the whole custard is cooked through, as well as avoid any steam from being condensed on the surface. After that, put it in a steamer or wok with boiling water. Cook over high-medium heat for 15 minutes. While steaming, you should see some steam releasing from the wok or steamer.
5. When the 15 minutes pass, turn off the heat. Wait for another 10 minutes to let the custard sit in the wok. Remove from wok and let cool completely.
6. Put the covered custard in the fridge for one hour.
7. Take it from the refrigerator and sprinkle caster sugar on top. If you have a kitchen torch, you can caramelize the sugar.
What else you should now?
There are some things you should keep in mind. If you don’t have a wok or steamer, you can just simmer the sifted custard mixture until almost boils. Then chill it until it sets or when you need it.
Secondly, if you don’t have a vanilla extract, you can use the vanilla bean to replace it.
The recipe, in this case, would be next: Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise with a sharp knife. Scrape the inside content and seeds. After that, warm the milk and cream in a saucepan. Add the vanilla content and seeds, simmer for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and cover. Let the flavor of vanilla infuse in the milk mixture for a few minutes. Then follow the steps mentioned in the initial recipe to add egg yolks and sugar to make custard. Drain through a fine sieve into ramekins.
Enjoy the smooth Crème Brulee topped with the crunchy, caramelized layer!
Watch the video and learn how to cook this recipe.
- READ ALSO: How to cook Nigerian Banga soup?