How to prepare the pumpkin seeds for the roasting? How to roast pumpkin seeds in the oven, microwave and a frying pan? Read here
The roasted pumpkin seeds taste is similar to peanuts. They can be eaten as a healthy snack. In the milled form seeds are good in sauces. Many fans of this vegetable bake, boil, fry it and gladly eat this vegetable for breakfast, lunch and dinner. However, it is often forgotten that the pumpkin seeds can also be a delicious treat to the salad and soup.
In addition pumpkin seeds are very useful. Studies have shown that regular consumption of pumpkin seeds impact the health of our cardiovascular system: high content of iron helps to improve the quality of blood and amino acids such as linoleic acid helps to strengthen the vascular walls. An important beneficial feature of pumpkin seeds is their ability to improve skin quality.
Before roasting a pumpkin seeds you they need to prepare it. Preparation:
- Cut the pumpkin in two halves. Scrape the seeds with the metal spoon. Put the seeds to the colander and rinse it well with water. Pour the seeds into a glass. Then measure out 2 cups of water and 1 tbsp (tablespoon) of salt per half a cup of pumpkin seeds.
- Put the seeds in a pot, add water and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and discard the seeds in a colander.
- Dry the seeds with a paper towel.
- Add seasonings to the seeds. At this point you can unleash your creativity and use any combination that you like. Here are some options:
- sprinkle them with salt more;
- mix one cup of the seeds with a tablespoon of vegetable or olive oil. Stir until all the seeds will not be covered by oil evenly;
- add the hot red pepper, garlic powder, worchester sauce, cajun seasoning or any other with a strong taste and aroma;
- season with sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg, if you want to get the sweet seeds;
- do not forget that you can add garlic seasoning, seasoning for meat or spaghetti.
READ ALSO: What is the best way to toast coconut?
Pumpkin seeds recipes
Cooking pumpkin seeds in the oven. Heat the oven to the roasting mode. Put the pan with the seeds in a preheated oven. Usually roasting of the seeds takes about 10 minutes, but all the ovens heat in different ways, so always keep the seeds. As soon as the seeds become brown at the top, you can either remove the pan from the oven, if you prefer not strongly roasted seeds with a pronounced nutty flavor, or remove the pan and turn the seeds. Put back in the oven and cook for 10 minutes or until they become brown. In this case you will get very salty and crunchy seeds.
Cooking pumpkin seeds in the oven. Baking. Preheat oven to 200⁰S. Put the pan with the seeds in the oven and let them to become brown. It will take about 45-55 minutes, mix them every 5-10 minutes.
Microwave. Fry seeds for 5 minutes at full power.
In a frying pan fry the pumpkin seeds for 20 minutes at the low heat without the lid.
Allow the seeds to cool. Hot seeds can burn you.
- READ ALSO: What is the best way to toast coconut?