Gas formation in the intestine is the result of the activity of bacteria, both pathogenic and useful, necessary for the functioning of the digestive tract.
People consume foods that cause flatulence daily. By and large, all the food leads to the formation of gasses in the intestine. But sometimes they become too much, and it causes discomfort and can lead to unpleasant consequences.
One of such effects flatulence. When excess gasses accumulate, there is an oppressive sense, tormented by hiccups, belching and heartburn, and in severe cases, severe pain in upper quadrant or in the region of the peritoneum.
Flatulence can cause chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, insomnia, neurasthenia, reduced performance. But excessive gas is not flatulence. If gasses are easily and naturally just as often, as usual, leaving the intestine, it is sufficient to reduce the consumption of foods that cause flatulence. Everyone is different, and therefore the focus should not be on the list, but on your own feelings.
These products include:
- peas, beans and beans. The human stomach can not fully digest the seeds of leguminous crops. And for the bacteria in the gut there is a real freedom. Try to steam beans before cooking, Replace the usual beans by more tender lentils;
- cabbage, in cooked and raw type. Cauliflower is also full of surprises. Is it too good to pass up? Try to cook the blossoms, and then stew in butter;
- milk, cream, fermented baked milk, cheese, yogurt. But sour milk, yogurt and ice cream cause flatulence less. To understand which products bring less discomfort, you should make an experiment, trying it one by one. Unfortunately, many adults do not digest lactose and the consumption of fermented milk products and milk inevitably leads to excessive gas formation;
- apples, grapes, pears, tomatoes and cucumbers, onions, almost all greens, and all the foods with a lot of carbohydrates and fiber. Blanch, simmer and cook the vegetables. Refill the salad with oil or sour. Eat fruit and drink juice only after a full meal and not during meals, and not instead of food;
- all products made from flour and sometimes whole wheat cause flatulence in the intestines. Fresh bread, rolls, biscuits, cereals or porridge. Try to eat dried bread, don't take milk or yogurt with it. In addition, in many cases, to excessive flatulence is caused not by individual products but combinations of them. For example, yogurt and fresh bread, cereal and milk, any cereal products and acidic fruit/vegetables. So it makes sense to change the menu, not excluding completely a particular product.
Pay attention to the cooking method: the heavier it for the body to digest, the more gasses will be. Refrain from frying in favor of boiling, stewing, baking. Many foods that promote flatulence are mischievous only in certain circumstances:
- peppers, cucumbers, zucchini, if you eat them raw and without dressing; mushrooms, eggs, meat and fish, if after eating you immediately go to bed;
- spices, if you drink a lot of drinks after the meal;
- any drink during a meal, if a lot of fluid and/or beverage is cold;
- any food which is not fresh.
Chewing gum, bread juice, beer, champagne, soft drinks and other drinks that don't cause gas by themselves, can also be a cause of flatulence and the unpleasant symptoms. In this case, your digestion is normal, but excess gasses enter the body from the outside the bubbles from gas in drinks, swallowing air while chewing gum or having a suck at a sweet, smoking or hasty absorption of food. Alcoholic beverages and soft drinks with high sugar content can lead to fermentation, resulting in increasing of gasses production.
ONE MENU - DIFFERENT CONSEQUENCES
In most cases, it is impossible to predict how the body will react to a particular product. Normal gasses are formed in the colon where the absorption of food takes place. Along the way, in the stomach, in the duodenum and small intestine, food is literally taken apart by the enzymes, which are in lack in the large intestine. As a rule, all products that increase gas in the gut, are not split enough and went in the colon in the form of complex compounds which cannot be absorbed hence the abundance of gasses, putrefaction processes, fermentation.