Do you desire to know best passion fruit recipes? How is passion fruit beneficial for your health? Look through these recipes and find out!
Passion fruit is a very natural plant for South America. It likes subtropical areas. For centuries passions were famous for their health and nourishment abilities. Originated from Paraguay, this fruit is now wildly welcome from all over the continents of our little planet. The plant itself is a passionate climber which desires to grapple everything that is tall and strong. Unfortunately, it`s quiet a whimsy fruit which needs well-prepared fertile soil and flourishes – a good moisture is also needed. There are more than 500 types of this fruit but purple and yellow are the most favorable for cultivation. It has a very sweet and tart taste. Also, passions are wildly used in South America cuisine. Also, it`s beneficial for health and largely impacts on almost every part of the body.
Passion fruit juice
The juice is very beneficial for lots of reasons. First, passions are very rich in vitamin A. For women it`s a good sign as consuming passion juice every day may help with wrinkles. Also, it`s a nice vitamin for people who sits at the desktop all day. Vitamin A provides health capabilities for yes by preventing from cataracts or night blindness. You can prepare passion fruit juice in few light steps:
- Before making juice – you need to buy fruits. The key is ripeness and crinkly appearance of the passions.
- Use your knife to divide the whole in double and scoop the insides into the blender.
- Add some water. The amount of water should more in 3 times than amount of the flesh. Run the blender for 1 minute to separate black seeds.
- Now you need to catch seeds, for this task use a sieve and a large jug.
- When you have a jelly mixture without black seed you need to add more water again and few teaspoons of sugar to taste.
- Run the mixture you have via a funnel into a bottle and leave in a refrigerator for some time to cool.
- Enjoy the fruit juice you made. It`s a very tasty and can be used in cocktails with vodka, rum. Also, you can serve it to children for a nice day in school or use it after exercises in GYM.
Passion Fruit Puree
The puree from passions is pretty simple to make and it`s obtainable in supermarkets. On the other hand, it may contain preservative agents which are not very healthy. For these reasons, homemade delicacy is sweeter than the one bought from the shop. The puree made of passion can be added to fruit drinks, cocktails, ice creams, sorbets, smoothies…
To make a puree you need to follow these steps:
- Find a passion and a large bowl and place one into another.
- Use a nice knife to cut the passion into two halves.
- If you do it right, you now need to remove orange pulp from it with using a spoon.
- Why did you do everything in a bowl? To not lose a drop of juice or inside flesh. Now you can remove passion fruit peel.
- The flesh and the juice mix in blender, then remove black seeds.
- That`s all, you now have a pretty addition to any dish.
Passion Fruit Syrup
Did you know that Passion Fruit is highly boosting the immune system? With this exotic addition to your everyday diet, you may have better chances to stay healthy during cold seasons. The Indians from Paraguay used boiled passion fruit slices to fight against disease symptoms like running nose or a sore throat. You can also add passion fruit syrup to your first medical pack for combatting against flue seasons.
Keep these simple steps to prepare the syrup
- Find a large bowl and few passion fruits – combine them together
- Use knife and divide every whole fruit into the double.
- Use a spoon to separate the palp from the peel
- You can save the peel, dry it and use in tea if you desire.
- In the same time, grab a saucepan
- Pour few glasses of water and few spoons of sugar
- Heat this mixture until it boils
- 5 minutes of boiling the mixture are enough, now ad passion palp
- Boil the mixture for one minute
- You can now turn off the heat.
- The pot with the mixture is needed to be quickly chilled. Try to Use a cold water bath for this task.
- Now you can remove the seeds with strain or keep them. The second option is preferable for healing because seeds also contain vitamins.
Passion fruit cake
Do you have insomnia issues? The passions contain medical alkaloids. One of the strong sedative alkaloids is harmala which passions also have. Harmala compound is connected with reduction of sleeplessness, insomnia, restlessness, nervous anxiety and, as it follows, provides a sleep without nightmares. If a glass of warm milk can`t help your sleeping you may try to add a slice of passion fruit cake to it.
Follow next order to make a cake:
For this recipe you need the next set of ingredients:
- A dozen of passion fruits, they need to be halved also
- 200 g of unsalted butter, try to soft it before prior to making the cake
- A tablespoon of nicely grated rind from lemon
- A cup of caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- A cup of milk
- Three cups of self-rising flour
- Sliced rind of lemon
For glace icing you need:
- Two cups of icing sugar
- Two table spoons of lemon juice
- One teaspoon of softened butter
And now directly to the case
Prepare the oven for your cake by heating it to 160-180°C and grease one 22 cm ring pan.
You would need to strain passions palp into a small jug. You would need a 2/3 cup of juice and 2-3table spoons of the seeds.
Place lemon rind, eggs, sugar, milk butter, flour, and passionfruit juice in a bowl. Use an electric mixer and mix during 2-3 minutes until you have a proper condition for baking in the oven. Ad passionfruit seeds to the mix. Place the mix into the prepared pan and place into the oven. It would need 50-55 minutes until it`s ready. Get the cake on the table to chill it out for ten minutes. Turn out the pan on a table to cool the cake totally.
In the meantime, you need to prepare a glace icing. Mix icing sugar, butter, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Stir the mix over the passionfruit cake you have made. Now, you need to add some lemon rind. That`s all the cake can be served.
Passion Fruit Mousse
It was mentioned that passion fruits heal nose running but recent studies show that it can also be beneficial for Asthma and Respiratory Conditions. The extract from the passions creates bioflavonoids. These elements obtain highly soothing, expectorant and sedative effects, which is marvelous for a human respiratory system. Whooping cough, asthma attacks and wheezing reduce are witnessed during continued consuming of passionfruit extracts. That`s how you may help a member of your family, friends, and acquaintances with cough attacks. And now get to the point of the Passion Fruit Mousse.
You would need:
- A cup of whipping cream
- A cup of milk
- A half of cup concentrate of passion fruit juice
Preparing Passion Fruit Mousse
Place all ingredients in one bowl.
Mix everything within 30 seconds or 1 minute.
Pour everything into serving bowls.
Refrigerate for 30 minutes and now it`s ready for serving.
Passion Fruit Pie
Digestive system also has some beneficial effect from consuming the passion fruits. It`s a rich full source of fiber. It provides the human body the 98% of fiber daily requirement. Fiber is a great component element for our stomach. The digestive tract can surely have extra help in melting the food into calories for a living and giving energy to human body. Specialists recommend implementing consuming passion fruit into the daily menu as it helps with constipation, vomiting, and diarrhea. And now when everything with the bad medical term is finished, it`s quite a time to continue the revelations about simple recipes connected with passion fruit, now it`s the time for a pie.
To make traditional Brazilian Passion Fruit Pie you would need next ingredients:
The ingredients for dough:
- Few cups of Graham crackers which needed to be roughly crumbled
- Unsalted butter, approximately 6 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 2 cans of condensed sweetened milk
- A cup of pulp from passion fruit
- Unflavored gelatin, about two tablespoons
- One third cup of hot water
- 4 white eggs
- A cup of pulp from passion fruit
- A half cup of sugar
- Unflavored gelatin, one teaspoon
- Two tablespoons of how water
Let`s continue with cooking
Step 1 Dough
- Preheat the oven to 180°C for ten minutes
- Using a food processor – mix butter, brown sugar, and crackers. Pulse 8-9 times before you see that the dough is well incorporated.
- Press the dough into the pie mold.
- Using knife or fork, make several holes in the dough
- Place into oven and bake for ten minutes
- Remove from the oven and chill out
Step 2 Filling
- Mix the passion fruit palp and sweetened condensed milk in a blender. Blend until they become one. Place everything into one large bowl.
- In another bowl mix gelatin and hot water, whisk until it becomes one and adds to the passion fruit mix.
- You need to beat egg whites and whisk them in a bowl and mix them in a blender for 4 minutes.
- Fold the egg whites into the passion mix.
- Pour the mixture into the pie mold.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place into a refrigerator.
Step 3 Sauce
- Heat the mix of passion palp and sugar in a small pan on medium fire until sugar melts.
- Mix gelatin and hot water until they become one and add to the previous passion mix.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl and place for two hours into the refrigerator
- Pour the Sauce over the pie and place into the fridge for one more hour
- Serve the pie
- READ ALSO: How to cook Nigerian Banga soup?