Many people suffer from eczema. Therefore, it is useful to know about the causes and symptoms, as well as about the natural remedies for eczema.
Eczema is a very unpleasant skin disease characterized by dryness, itching, rashes. Most often it occurs on the hands, forearms, face, feet, thighs. Eczema is characterized by the formation of blisters and scabs which are not very easy to get rid of. The disease begins with swelling, then itching, and then there are the small bubbles. Eczema has a prolonged course with periods of remission and relapse. If untreated, it often becomes chronic.
What causes eczema?
The appearance of the disease depends in equal measure on many factors. But each of them separately cannot be the cause of the disease. Among the most frequent causes of eczema there is regular, prolonged contact with very hard water and the use of saturated chemical detergents and other household chemicals. Inflammation can occur from constant contact with rough fabric, from allergies to pet dander, mites, plants, food. Certain communicable diseases, the tendency of the hands to sweating, and a dysfunctional emotional state can provoke the disease.
READ ALSO: What is the best spider bite treatment?
Eczema and its treatment with the natural remedies offer a variety of recipes. Some components improve the blood circulation in the skin areas affected by eczema, others work with the whole body, improving digestion and tying the excess allergens.
In each case it is necessary to find "your" recipe, patiently trying out what doctors, healers, and even our grandmothers offered for the treatment.
Approach the treatment of eczema in children With extreme caution, as they have their characteristics of this disease. Besides, it should be assumed that the disease is allergic, so don't use such herbs or other components, which themselves can trigger allergies.
What to do?
The treatment of eczema should be comprehensive, aimed at normalization of the disturbed processes and strictly individual. Firstly, you need a thorough examination to identify the causes of the disease. Treatment of eczema usually goes in two directions: local, which aims to alleviate cutaneous manifestations, and general, aimed at addressing the pathology of the internal organs, nervous and endocrine systems. Local treatment depends on the stage of the disease. When there are redness and unopened bubbles you can use powders: talc, starch, zinc. With wet skin use cooling lotions and compresses without with disinfectant liquids cotton wool. In chronic eczema, hot baths (only in case of real individual tolerance), warm compresses and resolving ointments of tar are useful.
Natural remedies for eczema
You can put natural remedies directly on the affected area or make and ointment out of them.
1. Take three shot glasses or measuring cups of the same volume. Pour raw egg into one of them, the same volume of water in the other and the same amount of vinegar in the third one. Now pour the contents of all of these measuring containers into a jar which has a tight lid, and shake until the mass has the consistency of thick cream. Apply this "cream" to the affected area at night, then cover the affected areas with cotton clothes (for example, if the eczema is on the hands, wear cotton gloves; if it is on the feet, wear socks). In the morning do not rinse, just change into clean clothes. At night, apply the composition again, after washing affected area with soap and blotting it with a towel dry.
2. Raw potato can help you with the treatment of eczema at home. For this, you need to grate one potato, gently wring it out, and wrap in a cotton cloth. Then just put it on the sore spot. The more, the better. You can also attach this pouch with a bandage to form a compress. Also, the pulp of grated raw potato helps a lot, if it is mixed with honey. For this, you need to add honey (0.5 Cup 1 tsp) to the grated potato. Put the mixture on the gauze so that its thickness is not less than a centimeter, they tape bandage from the top to the sore spot for a couple of hours. Remove the first cloth, take away almost all the pulp, but do not rinse what remains on the skin. Instead, gently remove it with a spatula, the back of a spoon or fork.
3. Garlic. This vegetable contains volatile which dry the eczematous erosion. It can be used internally and externally to treat eczema. Grate the garlic on the small grater or squeeze out under pressure. Mix three chopped garlic cloves with half a teaspoon of honey and rub it onto the area of the rash. The second option of the use of garlic is the mixture of crushed garlic and half a teaspoon of butter wrapped in cheesecloth. Put it in the hands or feet and leave overnight. Repeat the procedure for weeks.
4. Relaxing bath herbs. Prepare a decoction of petals of cultural roses, herbs of horsetail, oak bark, nettle taken in equal proportions. Strain the liquid and pour into the tub with warm water. After the bath, taking a shower is not necessary. Also, you can prepare a decoction of the following plants: grass, lemon balm, flowers of caraway, dandelion leaves, and willow bark. Take all ingredients in equal proportions. Add the broth into the tub. Another variant is a salt bath. Pour three liters of hot water in a basin and add three to four tablespoons of coarse rock or sea salt. Place hands, feet or elbows into the solution and hold it until the water cools. Then wipe hands with a towel and apply a nourishing cream. The procedure is preferably carried out daily before bedtime.
5. Aromatic and vegetable oils are successfully used for the treatment of eczema, especially dry type of eczema. Such vegetable oils show good results: shea butter, sesame, jojoba, rosehip, wheat germ, sea buckthorn, amaranth, and flax. It is not necessary to mix them in water; you can apply them in pure form to the places of inflammation (hands, feet). For example, for the treatment of dry eczema, use 3 ml of 5% sea buckthorn oil. Ointment prevents flaking and eliminates itching.
6. Solidol (grease) is not a cure, but a tool used for lubrication of automotive mechanisms. Moisturizing properties of solidol can bee used to cure eczema on the hands and the whole body. Many ointments are made by grease. Ointment on the grease have no side effects and are not addictive, such as hormonal. So, buy solidol at any car market or in Autoshop. Take three teaspoons of the grease and heat in a water bath. Now put the warm grease on the redness and cracks. Doctors advise doing this at night and in the morning wash off the grease with plain water. Do this procedure during one month, and cracks on the skin will gradually decrease.
7. Treatment with vodka. Required: 100 g of vodka, 20 g of juniper fruits, 15 g of sage leaves, 15 g of yarrow, 250 ml of water.
The method of preparation. Pour th boiling water in the chopped herbs and leave it in a warm place for 35-40 min. Then strain and pour the vodka into the mixture.
The method of application. Use this mixture in a compress. Put a bandage moistened in the tincture on the affected with eczema place, wrap the top with a clean, dry cloth and leave the compress on for 20 minutes. Then remove it and rinse the skin. Do compresses two times a day for two weeks.
In some cases when the skin rash is not too extensive, folk medicine recommends rubbing with herbs, infused with vodka, combining them with the intake of the same composition inside.
Now you know how to cure eczema on the hands and other parts of the body using natural remedies, prepared at home. Try these simple tools, and you will be pleasantly surprised with rapid healing of inflammation and skin cracks.