Although everyone agrees that hygiene is very important, many people don't realize how much bacteria we have on our hands. Hand sanitizers are a solution of this problem.
Antiseptics are a complex of measures aimed to combat pathogenic bacteria on surfaces.
As you know, the human skin can inhabit more than 80% of microorganisms that cause dangerous diseases (hepatitis, conjunctivitis, intestinal infections, SARS, influenza, etc.), so doctors recommend regular use of skin sanitizers to maintain hand hygiene.
Groups of sanitizers:
- salts of heavy metals;
- derived chemicals.
These tools are quite efficient (according to laboratory tests, the average efficiency quality of a gel sanitizer is 88 %,), although not able to cope with all the harmful bacteria, as all pathogens and microorganisms have different sensitivity to sanitizer.
READ ALSO: What are the benefits of holding hands?
What is the composition of sanitizers?
The composition of different sanitizers varies, but most often the key components are:
- ethyl or isopropyl alcohol;
- lactic acid;
- the combination of varieties of alcohol.
Also, manufacturers often add extra components, which have a soothing effect and reduce the aggressive influence of alcohol on sensitive skin. For those who have a predisposition to allergic reactions and irritation, there are skin sanitizers without alcohol.
Attention! You need to be careful with the use of sanitizers as most of them dry out the skin, causing flaking. It’s not recommended to use hand sanitizers too often because they can inhibit the action of the natural protective barrier of the skin.
When and how to use hand sanitizers?
- after being in public places (transport, shop, hospital, library, gym, outdoors, etc.);
- after touching objects in common use (money, tokens, door handles, switches, buttons, which are periodically touched);
- after contact with people;
- before contact with the child;
- before carrying out medical and hygienic procedures;
- after working with the computer, after the game in the console (joysticks and other gaming devices should be processed carefully), cards, chess, after playing a musical instrument, etc.
It is also recommended to regularly use sanitizers for cleaning the objects of frequent use: remote controls, keyboards, computer mice, handles of exercise equipment in gyms, since their surfaces with frequent use rather quickly accumulate a huge amount of dangerous microorganisms.
What is the advantage of hand sanitizers?
- The main advantage of the hand sanitizers is that their substances do not penetrate into the body, but affect only the superficial layers of the skin. Thus, they easily clean hands from harmful bacteria and provide the ability to maintain cleanliness throughout the day.
- If we talk about hygiene gels and wipes, their main advantage is compactness, which gives the possibility to carry them with you wherever you go. In addition, they are convenient to use, since they are easily distributed over the skin, dry quickly and usually do not require rinsing with water.
- A very simple scheme of the application. Most of the sanitizers are simply applied to the hands and distributed over the surface of the skin.
- You don’t need any water.
- There is no need to use soap and towels.
- You can use it frequently.
- Low consumption of resources (2-4 ml are enough).
- High efficiency.
- The whole process of sanitizing takes 20-30 seconds.
- Can be used even in hospitals, before and after medical procedures.
- It’s possible to use on the road and in the public places, beauty salons, schools, kindergartens, food industry, railway stations, and airports.