What are the most widespread symptoms of heart attack? What are the first signs, which show that heart attack is happening? Read the information below to learn more facts to take care of your health.
How heart attack occurs?
Heart attack is the serious pathological condition caused by sharply rising lack of blood supply to a cardiac muscle (it is connected with obstruction by blood clot and a spasm, as a rule, in the field of an atherosclerotic plaque of the artery feeding heart), and also development of ischemia and a necrosis of the site of this muscle. The necrosis of a cardiac muscle is a myocardial infarction. In the first hour from the beginning of an attack, there can be so-called coronary death. Nowadays about a third of the heart attacks, occurring at the persons comes to an end with death. And it is enough because the number of heart attacks is estimated in thousands of cases a year. It is the main reason for the death of the population of countries. Most often death from heart attack comes within the first two hours and is connected with the inability of the heart to support normal blood circulation in an organism. In case after the heart attack, a person has survived, then everyday chances of recovery of health increase. The danger of heart attack is that people usually don't give due consideration to the developed pains and other symptoms, characteristic of the heart attack. It is the main mistake leading to irreversible pathologies and to death. Therefore, it is necessary to know the main symptoms of heart attack. So how heart attack happens?
READ ALSO: Are heart palpitations dangerous?
How does heart attack happen?
- One of the most frequent symptoms of heart attack is a long pain, which is localized in a breast. At the same time the patient has a feeling of unpleasant pressure in a thorax, sometimes there is a feeling of heartburn.
- Pain can arise in the left half of a body: in a hand to forearm, and in the left half of a neck. The emergence of pain in hands, in the lower jaw, in shoulders, in the top part of a stomach is also possible. Pain is long, can also have a pressing, cutting, aching, and burning character.
- Characteristic symptom indicating the heart attack is short breath, which is shown even at the minimum activity and at rest. It is connected with the fact that heart receives the less necessary amount of blood for the normal functioning.
- It is necessary to pay attention to work of heart in the case when increased fatigue is observed. At the same time, the feeling of fatigue doesn't pass for several days, weeks or even months. Stomach pains, nausea, and vomiting can accompany a heart attack. Most often, these symptoms aren't connected with a heart disease. However, it is necessary to pay attention to them in the case when they are shown in the conditions of usual food and aren't connected with eating of low-quality food.
- Sometimes there is a temporary loss of consciousness.
- The increased heart rate, which is shown in the form of the fast and disorder pulse, can precede the heart attack.
- Such states as uneasiness, feeling of discomfort, sleeplessness can be predecessors of the heart attack.
However, breast pains are not always symptoms of heart attack. To define a disease, it is necessary to pay attention to several moments:
- Cases of developing of pain. The pain characteristic for heart disease is connected, as a rule, with any loading (physical or mental). In another case, it can arise at the sharp turn of a trunk or without the reason in general.
- Cases of the termination of pain. Pain at heart attack passes at nitroglycerine taking in a few minutes while in other cases this medicine is inefficient.
- Nature of pain. At cardiac pathology, there is a pressing, cutting or pricking pain. In other cases, it becomes stronger at the movements of a trunk, during a cough, sneezing and deep breaths.
- In the case of nausea and stomach, pain heart attack can be confused with food poisoning and sharp cholecystitis.
- At right-hand pains, this pathology of heart is similar to symptoms of pneumonia. Unlike these diseases, a heart attack is almost always followed by such symptoms as weakness, falling of arterial pressure, short breath.
- Symptoms of the heart attack are similar to shingles. To distinguish this disease from heart pathology, it is necessary to look at places, in which pain develops. At shingles in the field of pain, there will be sores. The diagnosis and lack of changes in work of heart with the specified with the help of ECG.
- READ ALSO: Is heart disease genetic?