Bad breath firstly is the social problem. How can we talk about sociability, charm, sexuality and self-confidence, if your mouth smells bad? You can help yourself.Read some recipes of mouth freshener here.
Pharmacies offer a broad range of mouth freshener for the oral cavity.Why have we bought an unknown product, if it more effective to make the freshener with your hands? It`s not enough to maintain the oral hygiene only with toothpaste and brush. The mouth fresheners help significantly to improve the health of the gums and teeth.
Often after a meal, we haven’t got a toothbrush by the hand so that we can clean the teeth with mouth freshener. It takes much less time, but will provide significant effect!
The benefits of homemade mouth freshener
The right combination of natural remedies, herbs, and essential oils will help get rid of many dental problems: to relieve swelling and inflammation, reduce the likelihood of dental caries, get rid of germs and infection, and even a little lighten the teeth.
In addition to this, the "author" of a different conditioner, will know that there are no chemicals in its composition. Not all fresheners bought somewhere are useful. Triclosan, for example, affects not only the harmful bacteria but also useful. Also, alcoholic preparations dry mucous membranes of the mouth.
READ ALSO: Causes of bad breath – 5 causes and prevention methods for Nigerians
Mouth freshener functions
- Antibacterial effect;
- Treatment of bleeding gums, tooth decay.
Rules for using
One of the disadvantages of mouth freshener made at home that he can't store for a long time. If you buy it in a pharmacy, freshener can be on the shelf for months. However, homemade products can store in the refrigerator just a couple of days. Therefore, stocks must be regularly replenished.
The time of rinsing the mouth last up to 3 minutes. Use this product can only adults. Before you give the freshener to the child, it is best to consult with your doctor. Children's portions it is best to dilute with water in a larger proportion than for adults.
It's forbidden to swallow mouth freshener in any case. Moreover, remember following: this product doesn't a valid alternative to tooth brushing. Therefore the care for the oral cavity must be comprehensive.
Why mouth smells bad?
There are the most common reasons:
- lack of oral hygiene;
- gum disease and periodontal;
- diseases of the teeth;
- dry mouth – xerostomia;
- inflammatory diseases of the oral mucosa.
In this case, the harmful bacteria and food remain accumulate in a mouth that exudes the stench. Often it’s impossible to avoid bad breath, and then you need to go to the dentist.
Recipe No. 1
- One teaspoon of tincture of calamus;
- One teaspoon of tincture of propolis;
- Five drops of essential tea tree oil;
- 100 ml water.
Mix the infusion together with essential oil; pour this liquid in the water; mix thoroughly. Rinse your teeth every day: in the morning and evening. If you are afraid that you will emanate the smell of alcohol, then it is better to use only in the evening.
Recipe No. 2
- 500 ml of water or weak broth of chamomile;
- One tablespoon of honey;
- Essential oil (ten drops):
- Mint (only five drops).
Add oil in honey, mix well, and dissolve the honey in water. This remedy cleans the teeth and help to avoid bleeding.
Recipe No. 3
- 100 ml natural Apple vinegar;
- One teaspoon of glycerin;
- Ten drops of mint ester;
- Ten drops of lemon juice;
- Five drops of myrrh ester.
Dissolve oil in glycerin and then the glycerin dissolve in the vinegar. Put the mixture in a cool dark place, systematically shake. Rinse your mouth every morning and evening after cleansing.
Recipe No. 4
- 500 ml of water bring to a boil;
- One teaspoon of aniseed;
- One teaspoon of chopped mint;
- One teaspoon of chopped rosemary.
Herb mix, add to boiling water, boil 10 minutes. Cool and rinse after brushing every day. Store this product in the bathroom or the fridge.
Recipe No. 5
- 100 ml mineral water
- 100 ml of aloe juice
- 20 drops of mint essential oil
- One teaspoon of soda
- One teaspoon of strong infusion of oak bark
Dissolve the essential oil in aloe gel, add it to the water, and don't forget to add soda. You can rinse your mouth in the morning and evening.
Mouth freshener «Hand Made»
- One tablespoon of mint leaves, strawberry, chamomile or sage pour boiling water (200 ml). Rinse your mouth 3-4 times a day after meals, when the infusion has cooled and strain.
- One tablespoon of oak bark pours a glass of boiling water, heated in a water bath for 25-30 minutes. Drain. Rinsing the mouth and throat three times a day. The broth of oak bark not only eliminates odor but also strengthens gums, cleans the surface of the tonsils, which are often the sources of infection and bad breath.
Using these recipes will help you keep the fresh smell of your mouth!
- READ ALSO: What are the best bad breath remedies?