At all times health is considered to be one of the most important things in our life. How many people say you can`t buy health for money. Nowadays a significant amount of products consists of unnatural components. Therefore we have to choose products that we use correctly. The toothpaste is not a conclusion.
Everyone should keep the teeth in clearness. Do you think about what components contain your toothpaste? Probably it is reasonable to make it by yourself for the benefits of your health.
It turns out that any toothpaste sold in the store contain toxic substances like parabens, sodium, barium, sulfate and triclosan which are harmful to human health. Besides, everyone knows fluoride contained in toothpaste is not so safe for humans. But if you make the eco-friendly analog of the toothpaste by yourself, you can forget about the chemical ingredients of toothpaste. It is not a secret that every day a person "eats" chemistry with the washing of the teeth. Making toothpaste at home is easy. Therefore it will give your "natural" effect to your body. The essential oil contained in hand made toothpaste, absolutely can help your teeth and you.
What ingredients will you need?
- hydrogen Peroxide 3%;
- Glycerin, preferably on vegetable base;
- Additional components in the form of essential oil depend on your taste.
READ ALSO: Is using a toothpick safe for our teeth?
How useful these components?
Peroxide makes a paste similar to the purchase. Because of peroxide, she foams. Also, peroxide can remove a plaque of bacteria on the teeth. Toothpaste is used for bleaching the tooth enamel.
Glycerin interrupts the taste of soda and makes the resulting mass sweet. If soda does not suit you taste, you can’t add this ingredient. However, for children, it is better to add this feature.
Toothpaste with coconut oil
In industrial products to make a smooth, thick consistency use glycerin, but doctors believe that in the long term it harms the tooth enamel. It is better to replace it. For example, you can replace it with coconut oil.
You will need:
- Five tsp. Calcium powder
- One tsp. Powder of diatomaceous earth;
- Three tsp. Xylitol powder (this ingredient is necessary for a taste of the paste).If this sweetener unavailable to you, you can use the syrup of stevia;3-5 tbsp. coconut oil (for texture);
- Additional ingredients: essential oil (peppermint, cinnamon, menthol), seed extracts of myrrh, or grapefruit, etc.
- Mix powdered ingredients in enamelware without the use of metal tools. If you are using calcium tablets, carefully mash them in a mortar;
- Start adds slowly coconut oil until you get the desired consistency;
- Add additional ingredients, including essential oil (mint and green tea);
- Store this toothpaste in a small container or glass jar. Besides, you can purchase tubes or bottles with a dispenser in specialized stores for homemade cosmetics.
Judging by the reviews, toothpaste with coconut oil has an unusual texture and can leave some people a wrong impression from using. Do not despair and throw the idea of homemade toothpaste just. Try the recipes on other grounds!
Toothpaste based on clay
This method copies the modern eco-friendly toothpaste «Earthpaste», which have success in the United States. But the company changes the principal method; therefore their fans were disappointed with that change.
You will need:
- 2 tbsp of bentonite clay.
This clay, like many others, may have an active dopant. When you work with it, don’t use metal objects or utensils. An exception may be tools of pure stainless steel;
- 5 tbsp of distilled water.
In a pinch, you can use water for baby food. However, do not use for making homemade cosmetics with water from the tap – it has a lot of impurities;
- Four drops of tea tree oil;
- Five drops of stevia syrup;
- 10-15 drops of peppermint oil;
- Pinch of sea salt.
- Mix the water and clay (remember that it is forbidden to use the metal tools);
- Add essential oil and stevia syrup;
- Add a pinch of salt;
If you want to receive the minty or sweet pasta, add peppermint oil or stevia sugar. However, remember that the taste will eventually show up only after a couple of days, so don't take rash decisions. Store the paste in an airtight jar. If the pasta is dry, add 0.5-1 tsp of distilled water. You can change the taste of toothpaste. For example, children prefer pasta with a lemon or orange flavor. To get them, replace two drops of tea tree oil to 2 drops of the desired essential oil.
Toothpaste with glycerin
This recipe requires a heat treatment and contains glycerin. The mixture must be stirred very carefully without interruption when you heat it. Otherwise, there is a risk of overheating the part and mess up pasta.
You will need:
- Two tsp of glycerin.
If you prefer vegan products, you can find vegetable glycerin at pharmacies and health food stores. Also, vegetable glycerin is less harmful to teeth;
- Five tsp guar gum;
- 8 tbsp. distilled water;
- 5 drops essential oil of peppermint, clove, tea tree, lemon or orange;
- Combine all ingredients except essential oils in a non-metallic or enamel pot;
- Start heat, constantly stirring until the mixture acquires a paste texture;
- Add essential oil and mix well;
- Place the pasta in a tightly sealed jar.
You can experiment with different compositions and create a paste that will suit you. For example, many add to the paste a few drops of vodka or alcohol, replacing them with a certain amount of water. It prolongs the shelf-life of the final product.
As you can see, it isn't difficult to make toothpaste at home. You can have, of course, problems with the acquisition of individual components, but all of them can be found, for example, in a shop for the manufacture of home-made cosmetics or soap making. With a bit of perseverance, you may improve these recipes and change trends of handmade cosmetics.
- READ ALSO: How to make homemade hand soap?