Did you ever face a problem of nose bleeding and wanted to know what to do in such extreme situation and how to help the person with a bleeding as fast as possible? Read the article for more helpful information.
Nosebleeds a fairly common phenomenon faced at least once by all people without exception. Its cause can be not only injury but also increased intracranial pressure and reduced blood clotting, that may be caused by the use of various medicines, in particular, conventional aspirin. In addition, such problems often start after suffering colds or as a result of weakened immunity, they can cause a decrease in the body of vitamin C. Also risk factors that often provoke this phenomenon include stress, chronic fatigue and a constant lack of sleep. It is very important to know how to stem this unpleasant infirmity. After reading this article you will learn what you need to do first of all, and doing what is strictly prohibited.
Nosebleed is very unpleasant and frightening vision. Children suffer from this trouble more often. Usually, the cause of nosebleeds is irritation of the nasal membrane or injury. Who did not smash the nose being a child? But if the nosebleed begins without apparent reasons, it may be an indicator of a more serious medical problem.
In 70% of cases, it starts due to the violation of the integrity of the blood vessels.The most common cause of nosebleeding is a sharp rise in blood pressure.
What assistance should be provided during this ailment?
First of all, you have to calm down and do not be scared. Worrying can aggravate the problem.
Find out from which nostril the blood is flowing. Fold a small swab or cotton gauze, moisten it and insert it into the bleeding nostril. The sponge should be inserted so that the blood did not flow from the nose, but it should not cause pain.
The wetted swab can be white vinegar, the acid in the vinegar gently cauterise, while decongestant medications provide only temporary relief, and if you are abused to it, you can damage the nasal mucosa. Seat the person, make sure that they slightly lowered their head down. Attach something cold to the back. Hold the wings of the nose with two fingers, applying moderate pressure. Once patients blow their nose and you put a sponge inside, tightly squeeze the nose. Continue to squeeze for 5-7 minutes. If did not help, make a new tamponade and then hold it for 5-7 minutes. By the time you finish, the bleeding should stem.
- Leave a sponge for another 20 minutes before its removal.
- Try ice. Sometimes it is very good to use ice. The cold helps to narrow the veins and reduces the bleeding.
- Do not be picked. To heal the broken vessel completely, it requires from 7 to 10 days. Bleeding stops after the clot is formed, but at the process of healing, clot turns into a crust. Liquid blood clot should be blown out, but the blood-folded is not necessary to touch. Otherwise, there can happen another bleeding.
READ ALSO: Can massage therapy relieve sinus pressure?
Spread antibiotic and hormonal ointment. If you lubricate the nose 2 or 3 times a day, it will kill any staph bacteria, this will stop the itching and will not form a crust on the mucous membrane, from which you may be tempted to scratch his nose.
- Take iron. If you are prone to this serious mess, consider that iron will help your body to compensate the loss of blood. Iron is a vital component of haemoglobin.
- Check aspirin taking. If you're prone to nosebleeds, experts advise not to take aspirin without urgent need.
What not to do? Do not take a horizontal position and do not lift the foot. It can only aggravate the bleeding. Do not throw back patient`s head back, it can cause bloody vomiting. Also, blood can get into the windpipe and subsequently cause lung inflammation. Try not to blow nose for at least 12 hours after the bleeding has stopped. After stopping the bleeding person should not drink coffee and strong tea for a while. These drinks raise blood pressure, which can cause re-bleeding.
- Do not forget to: Control your blood pressure. People suffering from hypertension, prone to nosebleeds, so stick to a diet low in cholesterol. If you have hypertension and fragile blood vessels, it is better for them not to burst in the brain, but outside of the skull, otherwise you will stroke. As if God gave us the life of the valve. Moisturise the air. When you breathe, your nose has to work so that the air before it reaches the lungs has been well moistened. It follows that when the environment is dry the nose has to work hard. A good room humidifier can help, especially that one which is filled with several litres of water.
- Do not smoke. You want the nasal cavity was wet. Smoking actually dries it. If nasal bleeding continues for more than a quarter of an hour, and you cannot stop, seek medical advice immediately! Also, it is necessary to consult a doctor if nosebleeds bother you often, and for no apparent reason.
Be careful with your health. And if you face this problem very often do not forget to visit the doctor. Watch your health and be able to provide yourself and others with the first aid this is very important!
- READ ALSO: Home remedies: how to cure a running nose?