Scars can make ruin your self-confidence. There are many methods you can use to remove them and obtain a better look to boost your confidence. Get the 5 top now.
Throughout the entire life, we may get different scars or so-called marks. There may be various reasons why people in Nigeria get them – stupid things we have done in the past, a terrible accident, or anything else. Sometimes people prefer to save them. However, most of us try to get rid of such kind of injuries. In the most cases, a scar removal cream can help.
But there are such marks that can’t be removed without a trace. That is why it is important not to do dumb things trying to get rid of the scar – that might make even more damage to your skin. There are situations when surgical operation is necessary to completely eliminate the mark.
Types of scars
Marks can be of different nature. Their types include the following:
Atrophic: scars from chickenpox, accidents, acne. It firms a sunken area after one of the skin layers has been damaged.
Keloid and hypertrophic: dense and raised marks that appear when too much collagen is being produced during the wound regeneration. Surgery is needed to remove them, but they still can reappear.
Keloid: more common type for African-Americans and Asians. They can arise when too many cells grow at the place of any injury. Such marks expand beyond the sore.
Hypertrophic: they are raised but not expanded. Sometimes they disappear without any treatment.
Methods of removing
There is great number of home remedies for scars along with the medical methods. The most effective ways you can use at home include:
- One of the most effective techniques of getting rid of all types of scars is a compress made of oil and wax. Take 100 g of bee wax and mix it with sunflower, rose, corn or sea-buckthorn oils. Then this mixture needs to be warmed and applied to the damaged skin until it becomes cold again. You can keep making such bandages for three weeks twice a day to reach the result.
- Another useful method is a mixture of nutmeg, milk, and honey. Mix one part of nutmeg with four parts of milk and honey. This paste should be put on the cicatrice, rubbed into it, and then washed away. Repeat this procedure three or four times a week until you see the result. It usually depends on the individual abilities of the organism to regenerate. Make sure you don’t have an allergic reaction to any component before using.
- Wax or bee venom with the royal jelly can be a wonderful remedy. Their composition works as a regeneration activator. Besides apitoxin softens the scar and makes it less noticeable. There are many lotions based on it and medical procedures of inputting natural honeybee venom under the skin.
- Camphor oil application is also a good way. A bandage soaked with it is put on the wound and left for the whole night. Keep repeating the procedure during a month to reach the result.
- Natural herbs can be very helpful. Mingle nettle, chamomile, calendula, yarrow, and St. John’s wort. All these herbs should be boiled. Then steep the cloth with this liquid and cover compress with a warm scarf. Leave for three hours. Keep using it for three months twice a day.
However, you need to remember that the earlier you start the treatment, the more effective it will be.
- Try different juices. Lemon juice works as a light variant of essential oils used in cosmetic surgery. It cleanses your skin and makes scars paler. Tomato juice is good for lately damaged skin. It calms it and makes it recover quicker.
- Masks can have good influence on your wounds. Cucumbers and white or green teas are very effective. Such treatment not only makes your cicatrices smaller and thinner, but also cleanses your skin and helps to keep it in tonus. Banana masks are also helpful for struggling against all types of scars. Paste made of ripe bananas is put on the cleaned epidermis and kept for a couple of hours before washing off with warm water.
- Use oils to soften your skin and for massage. Almond oil is suitable for this. Tea tree helps to dry the sores and fasten the healing process.
Medical methods of scar eliminating
- Microdermabrasion. It is considered to be the most harmless and painless way of wound removing. It uses special crystals that are sprayed on the skin surface eliminating the outer layer. It can be quite effective for not very deep injuries such as dull skin, brown spots, and age spots. But if you have stretch marks, wrinkles, or deep acne scars it won’t possibly help. This method is popular because it leaves no wounds or color changes. After the procedure, the skin needs not more than 24 hours to recover. Besides, this way does not demand surgery or anesthetics.
- Chemical peels. In this case, the chemical solutions are used to improve the skin’s appearance. It is very useful for sunburns, wrinkles and acne treatment, age spots and freckles reduction. During a peel, you may feel a burning sensation for about 5 – 10 minutes. After the procedure, the skin regenerates itself, but it takes some time.
- Laser resurfacing. Such method is helpful for post-acne scars or any blemishes. The laser removes irregular skin layer by layer. There exist two types of lasers for this procedure – carbon dioxide and erbium (for darker skin). Laser scar removal influences very carefully. This procedure does not demand any hospitalization.
The recovery period is short enough (about 2 weeks). In order to hasten the regeneration you can use special creams and lotions.
- Mesotherapy. This way consists of injections of minerals and vitamins under your skin with the help of which your wound is being destroyed. It is thought to be non-surgical type and a good acne scar removal method. Such treatment is completely harmless and painless if your doctor is a professional.
- Surgical excision. It is useful for lesions, cicatrices, tumors, and moles. It is painful and the most harmful way of removing. It is usually appropriate when there is no other ways to get rid of the mark. The procedure demands anesthesia. The doctor usually uses a razor to cut the growth off. Thus, epidermis is provoked to regenerate.
Before choosing a method, try to think it over and consult the specialist. Probably you can solve your problem in a cheaper, less harmful, and less painful way. Do not be afraid to use home remedies, as they are quite helpful in the most cases.
In order to help your skin and not to make damage to yourself, try to consider the following things:
- decide whether you want to eliminate your scar,
- there are plenty of different ways to get rid of the injuries,
- consult the doctor before starting any type of treatment,
- do not hurry to pay for medical treatment, remember that different home remedies can help to avoid pain, harm, and waste of money,
- choose the method of treatment according to your sort of problem,
- do not accept the harmful way until you are sure there is not any other choice,
- laser scar removal is the most effective and painless method nowadays,
- deep wounds can be removed only by surgery,
- do not get depressed because of your problems, remember that modern medicine can help,
- surgical excision is the last option,
- do not try any unknown methods of mark eliminating,
- scars and marks can appear after hormonal burst at every age and even acne is not only teenagers’ problem,
- the earlier you start treatment, the more effective the result will be.