What are guava health benefits? How can you use guava juice? Read the article to find out!
Guava has good and useful properties. This exotic fruit is known not to everyone, and not surprising because guava grows in the warm climate of the subtropics and tropics, so it is not common for most regions of our Planet. It is considered the birthplace of South and Central America. Guava belongs to the myrtle family. Its fruits resemble small apples with wrinkled skin of a thin yellowish or greenish color. The flesh of the fruit can different colors, ranging from white to dark pink or even red. Guava fruit has a sweet, slightly bitter taste, at the same time it tastes, like pineapple, strawberry, and quince.
READ ALSO: What are papaya benefits?
How useful is guava?
Guava has been recognized as one of the most valuable fruit. Many doctors believe, it is simply necessary for the body because it can strengthen the immune system, improve digestion and restore vitality. Nevertheless, this is not all the beneficial properties of this plant.
- Guava is a fruit containing only their skins five times more vitamin C than in a whole orange. Therefore, its antioxidant properties are much higher than the usual fruit.
- Besides guava fruit is composed of some complex nutrients: vitamin A, B, E, selenium, zinc, iron, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, and magnesium. Guava juice and the ripe fruit itself are excellent substitutes for synthetic vitamin pills that are sold in pharmacies.
- In the pulp of the guava, there is an enormous amount of binders. Due to this, the fruit is a real fighter with food poisoning and dysentery. If you desire to get rid of these diseases, it is recommended to eat only the pulp without the seeds.
- The seeds of this fruit are often used as a mild laxative.
- There are not many calories in Guava, about 70 calories per 100 grams of product. It has in its structure a significant amount of fiber, pectin, healthy fats and proteins. These properties make it an excellent product for those who want to lose weight.
- This fruit is considered to be a miraculous cure for seizures and convulsions.
- Daily consumption of guava fruit improves cardiac function and normalizes blood pressure, so they are very useful for the patients with cardio diseases.
- It`s recommended to eat a whole fruit, together with the peel and seeds to raise the tone of the body and strengthen the lymphatic system.
- A decoction of the leaves of guava is used in dysentery, dizziness, gastrointestinal disorders and menstrual irregularities. They rinse the mouth and throat, as well as taken orally at a temperature and cough. Also, the decoction is used externally to fight with skin diseases. Crushed fresh guava leaves heal sores and wounds. Well, if you chew the leaf of this plant, it is possible to get rid of a toothache.
- Since the peel of guava is ten times more filled with nutrients than the flesh, brown fruit has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antispasmodic and anti-allergic properties.
- The use of guava juice, especially fresh is the ability to cure asthma, infectious and respiratory diseases. Also, guava juice contains high amounts of vitamins C, which perfectly quenches thirst, refreshes.
- READ ALSO: What are benefits of coconut milk?