What are the most safety cough remedies, which can be used while you are pregnant? How can lemon help you at curing a cough? Read the article to learn the most effective home ways of treating this illness.
Natural cough remedies
In most cases, such frequent illnesses as flu, cold and bronchitis are followed by a high temperature, delicacy, muscle pain, a bunged-up nose and a deep loose cough. The last symptom often gives to patients much excruciation and troubles. Natural cough remedies, such as broths and infusions of herbs, essential oils, juice, jam and many other things can be very effective and allow facilitating cough quickly enough. But the most important is the fact that the vast majority of the most effective home remedies for this illness can be found practically in any kitchen. A cough can be provoked by a set of reasons. So, for example, it can be caused by allergic reaction to the certain subject or a component – pollen, smell, dust and so on. In order that an allergic cough didn't develop into bronchial asthma, it is necessary to try to avoid possible allergens. Besides, often it can be caused by an acute respiratory infection. In the most serious cases, there can be a probability that a cough is provoked by such illnesses as tuberculosis, lung cancer, and bacterial pneumonia. And for this reason, before stopping the choice on the optimum prescriptions of a cough, it is necessary to visit the doctor and to establish the reason which caused this illness.
- Honey. Curative properties of honey are known to everyone. It is possible to tell without exaggeration that honey is the most effective remedy for a cough. Even the glasses of warm water with a teaspoon of honey can quickly preclude the illness. For treatment of a cough and cold honey can be combined successfully practically with all other home remedies.
- Lemon. Citrus fruits are very rich in vitamin C. Therefore, they are considered the most useful in the treatment of a cough and cold for a long time. Vitamin C gives power and improves immunity, and it is very important in the fight against any illness. Mix juice of 1 lemon and 3-4 tablespoons of honey, and take 1 teaspoon 3-4 times a day.
- Onion. This root crop is very often used for prophylaxis of a cough and cold. For treatment of a dry cough, admix juice of two bulbs and a half-glass of sugar, boil an admixture within 10 minutes, cool it, add 50 g of honey, and take one teaspoon 4-6 times a day.
- Black radish. The radish has remarkable useful properties. It is one of the oldest and checked home remedies from a cough. The best-known way: to wash out a radish properly, cut out the middle and to fill with honey. Leave for 24 hours. Take 1 teaspoon 3-4 times a day.
- Garlic. At a cough, it is recommended to rub a foot with garlic. It is possible to use such remedy: boil 5 garlic gloves in 300 ml of milk and take 50 ml.
- Aloe juice. In combination with honey and a lemon, juice of aloe helps to lower an inflammation. If to connect juice of an aloe, cowberry and honey in equal proportions, you will get an excellent expectorant.
- The sage. The best expectorant and resolving, which, besides, possesses the drying action and can effectively be used in a loose cough.
- Eucalyptus oil. Essential oils are also known as cough remedies. They are applied to inhalations. Eucalyptus oil helps to facilitate breath and can be applied to a treatment of both a dry and loose cough. At the same time, in the first case, it is recommended to use a mix of eucalyptus oil with chamomile oil, and for disposal of a loose cough it is possible to use the mix with oil of tea tree or rosemary.
- Raspberry jam. At a cough, warm tea with raspberry jam has the excellent calming and anti-inflammatory action.
- Turmeric is an excellent assistant at a cough, especially dry one. For disposal of a cough it is possible to cook such drink: 1 teaspoon of powder of a turmeric and 1 teaspoon of seeds mix in a glass of water and the cook on slow fire until the liquid won't boil away. Allow to cool down and add a little honey. Drink this curative tea two-three times a day.
The natural cough remedies for toddlers
Children's cough has a set of the reasons and methods of its treatment. In addition to the medicines appointed by the pediatrician for treatment of the child, there is a set of home remedies. Their efficiency is checked repeatedly, soft action, a minimum of contraindications and side effects do them widely used.
- Egg mixture can cure even the most severe cough. This recipe is known by many generations. It is possible to cure even severe bronchitis with this remedy. For cooking of the egg mixture, it is necessary to boil a glass of milk at first. Then add a tablespoon of butter and honey. Besides, add a well-beaten egg yolk and absolutely slightly soda – about 1/4 teaspoon. This is the very effective remedy, and not only for a cough, but also for bronchitis, laryngitis, and tracheitis.
- Another recipe is on the basis of milk too. At treatment of children in ancient times people used a very simple national recipe, which is now also urgent to the treatment of a cough. Though the recipe is simple, it is very effective as after the first taking you feel better. For a start, bring to boiling of half of liter of milk. When milk begins to boil, remove it from fire and add one tablespoon of pine buds. Let it infuse an hour and it will be possible to drink. It is necessary to drink broth throughout the day. Further, repeat the procedure as it will be required.
The natural cough remedies for pregnancy
You have to use natural cough remedies while pregnant accurately as some of them can cause an allergy. These are the most safety ways:
- Dissolve natural bee honey in warm (about 40 degrees) water in the ratio of 1 part of honey on 5 parts of water. Inhale serially a nose and a mouth.
- Add 2 tablespoons of the crushed grass of a sage to the glass of boiled water and make an infusion for 20 minutes under a cover.
- And 1 teaspoon of freshly cooked garlic 2 teaspoons of the crushed eucalyptus leaves, a quarter of coniferous extract in boiled water.
- Put 2-3 tablespoons of usual baking soda in a liter of abrupt boiled water. Soda inhalations facilitate a spastic cough at bronchitis and bronchial asthma and don't cause an allergy.