How to make your vagina healthy? Why is it important to follow these tips? What rules should you know? Brief information and the best tips are already gathered here! Do not miss it!
Vaginal health affects not only the episodes of your sex life. Learn more about common vaginal problems and how to maintain vaginal health: what is normal and what is not for your healthy vagina. This is precious information for every woman.
Vaginal health is a very important part of the overall health of the woman. Vaginal problems can certainly affect your fertility and sex desire and ability to reach orgasm. Current vaginal health problems can also affect other areas of your life, cause stress or relationship problems and affect your self-confidence. Therefore it is useful to know all the signs and symptoms of women's vaginal problems, as well as what you can do to protect the health of your vagina.
What affects the health of the vagina?
In fact what the vagina is: it is a closed muscular canal, which extends from the vulva - outside of the female genital organs - the cervix. Various factors may affect the condition of your vagina, some modifiable and some not. For example:
- Unprotected sex. You can get sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), if you practice unprotected sex.
- Aggressive sex or fracture of the pelvis. ‘Hard’ sex or pelvic trauma can lead to serious vaginal trauma.
- Some health problems. Diabetes and Sjogren syndrome - an autoimmune disease - can cause vaginal dryness.
- Medications and feminine hygiene products. Long-term use of antibiotics increases the dangerous risk of vaginal yeast infection. Some antihistamines can cause vaginal dryness. The superabsorbent tampons may develop toxic shock syndrome, which is a rare, life-threatening complication of bacterial infection.
- Contraceptive products. For example, the vaginal ring may cause irritation of the vagina. The use of mechanical means of contraception can sometimes contribute to the risk of toxic shock syndrome in women’s bodies.
- Pregnancy and childbirth. During pregnancy, some vaginal discharge often increases. Vaginal ‘tears’ are quite common during childbirth. In common cases, episiotomy is an incision made in the tissue between the vagina and anus during childbirth - is not required. Vaginal birth can also reduce muscle tone in the vagina.
- Psychological issues. Depression and anxiety and may contribute to low levels of arousal and as a result to discomfort or pain during sex. Trauma - such as sexual abuse or painful first sexual experience - can also lead to the vagina pain associated with sex.
- With age your vagina loses its elasticity after menopause (the end of menstruation) and childbirth.
- Hormone levels. Changes in hormone levels can affect a woman’s vagina. For example, the reduced estrogen production after menopause, after childbirth and during breastfeeding can affect it. Loss of estrogen can cause vaginal atrophy - because of what sex becomes painful.
What are the most common vaginal problems?
Conditions that may affect the state of the vagina include:
- Sexual problems. These may include persistent or recurrent vaginal pain during or after sex (dyspareunia). Vagina pain during penetration can be caused by involuntary muscle spasms of the vaginal wall (vaginismus).
- Infections transmitted through sexual contact. Various sexually transmitted diseases can affect the health of women's vagina, including genital warts, syphilis and genital herpes. Symptoms and signs may include abnormal vaginal discharge (flows out of the vagina), or wounds, ulcers, eczema.
- Vaginitis. Bacterial vaginal infection or change of the normal balance of the vagina due to bacteria can cause inflammation of the vagina (which means vaginitis). Symptoms include unhealthy vaginal discharge, odor vagina, itching and pain. The most common types of serious vaginitis include bacterial vaginosis, which leads to a proliferation of several organisms, which normally present in women's vagina; yeast infections, which are usually caused by the fungi Candida Albicans; and trichomoniasis, which is caused by a parasite and is typically transmitted through sexual contact.
- The weakening of the pelvic floor. If the supporting ligaments and connective tissues that hold the uterus in place become weak, the uterus, bladder or rectum may slip into the vagina (uterine prolapse). As a result the vagina extends downward.
- Other diseases and conditions. Vaginal cysts can cause pain during sex or difficulty with tampon use. Vaginal cancer can first manifest like vaginal bleeding after menopause or sex and vaginal discharge, is also a rare condition of the vagina in women's health.
- Ring of pregnancy may be a cause of vaginal infection
What are the symptoms and signs of vaginal problems?
Consult your doctor if you notice:
- Change the color, odor or amount of discharge from the vagina - especially when the condition is accompanied by fever
- Vaginal redness, itching or irritation
- Vaginal periodic bleeding, also the blood form the vagina after sex after menopause or
- Increasing the volume or ‘bulge’ of the vagina
- The feeling of pressure or heaviness in the vagina
You do not necessarily go to the doctor every time you get vaginal irritation and discharge, especially if you have recently been diagnosed with vaginal yeast infection and you experience such signs and symptoms of poor health of your vagina. However, if these symptoms do not go away after using drugs known to you, consult your doctor.
A healthy vagina means a happy intimate life
For a woman it is not enough to be simply beautiful. She needs to be sure of each millimeter of her body. Let's talk about intimate issues, rather what you should avoid and not. Personal hygiene is always the first place, but sometimes a woman can lose sight of the small little things that in the most unpredictable moment, which can play with her bad joke.
About 20% of all women avoid spontaneous sex because of the odor of your vagina. In order not to fall into such a situation, consider 8 simple rules that will help always and everywhere stay healthy and confident woman.
Rule 1 - bathing. At first you must find out where an unpleasant odor comes from. In the vagina there are bacteria that during reduced acidity they begin to multiply, because there is an enabling environment. Frequent washing - it is excellent. But many of us prefer to splash in the shower. Unfortunately, the shower cannot affect the pH - the acidity of the vagina. If the problem is an unpleasant odor from the vagina, which is sharp enough, you should seek medical advice. Bathing is only a short time ‘helper’ for a woman. Pay attention to the means of personal hygiene, which is used when bathing. Better to choose some liquid specially created for washing intimate places.
Rule 2 - food. Everyone knows that a healthy balanced diet helps a person to stay healthy and beautiful. For vaginal and reproductive health it is important to use a sufficient amount of liquid. Certain foods can help to deal effectively with the problems of urinary-genital system. Yogurt and cranberry juice are the excellent helpers in the fight against fungal infections of the body. Some women suffer from vaginal dryness. This situation requires a visit to a doctor. But in this case the diet should be broadened by adding the soy products containing estrogen in its composition.
Rule 3 - safe sex. Intimate life should bring joy. Well sex, as air, is needed for each body. Condoms help to protect against infections, especially, such as AIDS, gonorrhea, syphilis and many other similar, as well as the usual fungal diseases. Unfortunately, there are diseases that are very difficult to cure. Always remember that health is higher than pleasure. If your couple practices anal sex, you should always remember that the transition from one type of sex to another requires changing the condom.
Rule 4 - friendship with the gynecologist. A visit to this doctor, as a gynecologist should be scheduled for a woman. Conducting surveys at an early stage help to identify the disease and to cure it. Dysbacteriosis can also cause an unpleasant odor from the vagina. Therefore, the gynecologist comes to the aid and prescribes the correct treatment.
Rule 5 - forewarned is forearmed. Read more literature. It is worth remembering that there are three vaginal infections that lead to unpleasant consequences. Infections caused by fungi such as yeast. Bacterial vaginosis is always caused by the appearance of dysbacteriosis in the vagina. Trichomoniasis is a wide-spread sexually transmitted disease.
Rule 6 - lubrication. The intimate life has a very important component, which is called a lubricant. During arousal the vagina produces lubrication, but some women do not have in the required quantity. In this case it is necessary to use a lubricator. Created artificially, it will help to reduce friction, reduce irritation and improve sensitivity. Notice that only the specialized lubrication should be applied. Using vaseline can damage a condom, which, as you know, can lead to undesirable consequences. Do not skimp on this facility.
Rule 7 - a form of underwear. Women’s underwear also plays a major role in vaginal health. The intimate place should be dry and clean. Not all types, which are offered on our market of lingerie, can guarantee such a result. For example, synthetic increases the humidity level, so it is not recommended to be worn close to the body and especially to the genitals. By the way, this is the first way to dysbacteriosis. Underwear should not be too big or tight.
Rule 8 - hygiene. By following the simplest rules of personal hygiene, the woman will stay healthy. It should be certain time to change pads and tampons during menstruation, panty liners used in everyday life, not forgetting to change them too. After all, it retains moisture and heat, and it is a great place for bacteria.
- READ ALSO: What are banana health benefits?