Sure, you know about details of manifestation of a yeast infection, don't you? This article will tell you how to get rid of yeast infection forever to forget about the discomfort associated with the disease. You’ll find out everything you wanted to know about yeast infection here!
If you are not aware of the symptoms, manifestations, and consequences of thrush, I will tell about this later in this article. You have to know, that the incidence of this disease in recent years has been steadily increasing. Thus, according to recent data thrush in the structure of infectious and inflammatory diseases of the vagina and vulva is from 35 to 45%. The main peak incidence has women of reproductive age. Therefore, every woman should know the early signs and symptoms typical of thrush treatment that should be started immediately with the help of special preparations.
Also, according to statistics, men’s candidiasis is diagnosed in every 3rd patient, who came to an urologist. Men rarely go to the doctor, preferring to wait out the unpleasant symptoms of thrush. This leads to a transition of the disease into a chronic form, greatly frustrating the health of the genitourinary system men. Be aware, that candidiasis in men should be treated with the appearance of the very first symptoms.
Candidiasis or it is commonly called a yeast infection or thrush...This condition is familiar to many women and men. This disease (a yeast infection) first appears in early childhood, with 15 to 25 years, and then flows into the chronic, and the condition almost doesn't yield to treatment. The main problem is that a yeast infection that keeps coming back. If you suspect that you have symptoms of yeast infection, you should compulsorily consult a doctor gynecologist, urologist, dermatologist who will prescribe an effective treatment of Candidiasis. But in many cases, a yeast infection treatment ends with relapsed disease, which is associated with various disorders of hygiene, sanitation, diet, lifestyle, late referral to the doctor, etc.
Attention! Self-medication is dangerous for your health.
Candidiasis is an infectious disease that is prone to the chronic course, caused by the colonization of yeast fungi of the genus Candida on mucous membranes and the skin of man. The whole family of Candida species has more than 150 species of fungi, 20 of which can be observed in humans. And yet, in 90% of cases, the disease develops as a result of yeast infection of the fungus Candida albicans. The disease is caused not just by the presence of Candida, and their reproduction in large numbers. The most common yeast infection occurs when a person's general immunity and local immunity declined.
This fungus classified as of opportunistic microorganisms. This means that the fungus is part of the microflora of the mouth and vagina (in women), but under conditions favorable for the life of this fungus, there are the first signs of a yeast infection: genital itching and white vaginal discharge, like curds. Also, these bacteria are part of the normal microflora of the mouth, vagina and colon healthiest people.
But first, I will say that the only difference is that in women the disease is in the form of Vulvovaginal (vaginitis), and a man - balanoposthitis (inflammation of the head and at the flesh of the penis).
What causes thrush in adults?
If there is such a disease as thrush - its symptoms, signs, treatment, and prevention of illness depend on the reasons why he had been summoned. Also, how to treat a yeast infection without knowing its cause? The statistics show that 80% of pregnant women are the owners and carriers of Candida.
That is why the primary infection by the fungus occurs during childbirth when the baby passes through the birth canal of the mother or during the first year of life, during breast-feeding and care of the baby. The main way of secondary transmission is sexual contact with a carrier of the fungus. In this case, the likelihood of getting a thrush is close to 100%. In addition, the fungus can enter the body through contact-household when you use bed linen, towels, household items, food (cheese, cheese, sour cream, meat, fruit, and vegetables).
In addition, the fungus can enter the body through contact-household when you use bed linen, towels, household items, food (cheese, cheese, sour cream, meat, fruit, and vegetables). Carriers which spreading this infection may be your favorite pets: kittens, poultry, calves, and others.
But, as mentioned above, the presence of Candida in the body does not mean that the disease has developed. Thrush develops when a number of fungi in the organism sharply increased above a certain threshold value, which may be caused various factors provoking. Thrush is not a venereal disease but it is considered together with them because of similar clinical picture.
External factors that can cause symptoms of сandidiasis:
- taking medication with an antibacterial effect, the use of peroral contraceptives, corticosteroids and cytotoxic drugs ( a long-term - over a week);
- damage to the mucous membrane and skin (trauma, surgical diagnostic and therapeutic interventions);
- getting to the skin and mucous membrane of various chemicals (solvents, alkali, acids);
- radiation effects.
Internal factors that can cause symptoms of candidiasis:
- diseases, accompanied by metabolic disorders in the body (obesity, dysbacteriosis, diabetes and others.);
- diseases, associated with changes in hormone levels (thyroiditis, hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism, etc.);
- the presence of chronic infectious diseases (AIDS, HIV, tuberculosis);
- during pregnancy, as well as a weak immune system in infancy and old age.
Factors that contribute to the chronicity of inflammatory process with thrush:
- diet, consisting primarily of fast carbohydrates and fats;
- uncontrolled sexual behavior and neglect of contraception (condoms);
- the prevalence synthetic underwear and clothes in the wardrobe;
- application as contraceptives solutions and gels local antiseptics;
- the excessive passion of antibacterial gels for intimate hygiene;
- disregard for the personal hygiene;
- the vaginal shower (water may contain various microbial agents).
Signs and symptoms of yeast infection
Almost all adult women have heard of this disease - thrush. Unfortunately, a large number of representatives of the fair sex in person faced with this problem. In some cases, struggle with the disease drags on for months, and the disease comes back again.
Thrush lower the quality of life and force once again take drugs. How to cure a yeast infection in women, if you do not know its symptoms? The primary symptom of yeast infections in women is colpitis (it is an inflammation of the vaginal wall). Therefore thrush in women is called vaginal candidiasis.
Vaginal candidiasis - women:
- a sudden increase in vaginal discharge;
- the specific nature of vaginal discharge: curds, white color, yeast infection signs has a characteristic smell of sour milk;
- a burning sensation and sometimes unbearable itching of the external genitalia;
- a marked increase in sensitivity, tenderness, swelling and redness of the external genitalia;
- itchy sensation during urination;
- sexual intercourse is accompanied by itching, discomfort, burning and pain.
How to treat a yeast infection in men, without knowing the symptoms? The men in the case of candidiasis symptoms are manifested by inflammation of the foreskin and the glans penis skin, arises - balanoposthitis.
Symptoms of yeast infection in men:
- swelling, redness and swelling of the glans penis, and later - of the foreskin;
- burning and soreness of the glans penis and the skin around;
- a whitish plaque on the penis;
- itching during urination;
- a pain and discomfort during sexual intercourse caused by mechanical stimulation on the affected surface.
In the case of candidiasis symptoms of the disease may be complicated by the development of related infectious inflammation.
Consequences of yeast infection in women include:
- the connection of secondary sexual infections due to weakened immunity;
- the appearance of painful erosion of the vaginal mucosa;
- menstrual disorders;
- inflammation of the cervix
Consequences of yeast infection for men are no less dangerous than for women. Chronic candidiasis for men may cause the development of prostatitis and vesiculitis, and that can lead to infertility.
Diagnosis of thrush
Today, it is known how to identify yeast infection. To confirm or reject the diagnosis, doctors prescribe bacteriological seeding with vaginal and urethral smears. It also allows determining the sensitivity of fungal therapy, which facilitates the treatment of candidiasis. You can identify the causative agent by PCR. This is the definition of DNA of the pathogen in the material.
How to treat a yeast infection?
Patients want to know how to get rid of yeast infection, but there are nuances. Treatment of thrush requires special attention to compliance with all health and hygiene conditions since their neglect necessarily leads to relapse. And, of course, how to deal with thrush, if the treatment of candidiasis carried out unilaterally, i.e., only one partner has a treatment? Comprehensive treatment of thrush requires mandatory treatment for all patients, sexual partners, despite the fact that their symptoms may be absent. When we have detected the disease, of course, we want to know how to cure yeast infection fast, but unfortunately, its treatment requires time and patience.
If you want to know how to get rid of yeast infection forever, you should pay attention to the following activities, and even better apply them in practice:
- mandatory disinfection of underwear, bedding and bath accessories, to eliminate the remaining spores on them;
- stop the use of clothes and underwear made of synthetic fabrics, because these clothes have the low transmittance of air; this impairs heat transfer and diaphoresis - therefore there is so-called greenhouse effect;
- rejection of perfumed detergents, antibacterial agents for personal hygiene, scented tampons, and pads, as the substances contained in them, contribute to the disruption of the vaginal flora;
- refusal of oral hormonal contraceptive;
- rejection of fat-soluble lubricants and greases; you should choose a water-soluble because these types of lubricants are less affect the microflora;
- abstaining from sexual contact for the duration of therapy, the mandatory use of condoms.
Many commercials are misleading, telling how quickly to get rid of yeast infection using a single tablet. How to get rid of yeast infection? The answer to these questions only the doctors reliably know, because they are aware of the time of ripening spores Candida - 2 weeks. Therefore, treatment of the disease should take place in several stages, to completely clear the body of the fungus.
So, how fast to cure yeast infection is unknown, but how to cure candidiasis and forget about it - yes, we can do it. Well, to cure candidiasis and forget about it, you need to hand over analyzes to confirm the diagnosis compulsorily. To do this, you should see a doctor, gynecologist, urologist or a dermatologist, who will appoint a phased treatment regimen consisting of:
- antifungal drugs for oral administration;
- antifungal vaginal suppositories and ointments;
- fungicidal solution
- pre- and probiotics in capsules and suppositories, immunomodulators
READ ALSO: Does homeopathy work?
And if many person do not know how to cure yeast infection permanently, then some people it's just not possible. After all, to successful treatment, a prerequisite is diet, which requires exclusion of simple carbohydrates, mold cheeses, beer, because these products can trigger a relapse of the disease.
- READ ALSO: Is diet coke bad for you?