Those who have back acne are concerned with the same question: "Why do I have pimples sprinkled on my back and how can I remove them?". Let's look at what are the causes of back acne and what to do in order to get rid of this problem.
Acne on the back and shoulders is a common problem that worries many people, regardless of their age and gender. Before you fight acne, be sure to understand the reasons for its occurrence.
How does acne appear on the back?
Before treating acne with the help of a cream or ointment, you need to understand exactly what caused it. First, let’s consider why there can be pimples on back. The reason is closely associated with sebaceous glands, which cover almost all of the body. On the back, as well as on the face, acne occurs under the following scheme:
- sebum production increases in the body;
- the residue clogs the sebaceous pores;
- the bacteria gets in the formed tube;
- clogged sebaceous start itching, the places of inflammation hurt.
As you can see, acne appears because of the violation of work of the sebaceous glands. What reasons can cause failure in their work?
The main factors causing the blockage of the sebaceous duct can be divided into external and internal.
- Those who have been looking for the answer to the question of how to get rid of the pimples on the back must have noticed that acne on the body most often appears in winter or summertime. This happens because the back is sweating under the clothes. If the child or adult wear synthetic clothes that are in contact with the body, then the skin cannot breathe. It creates a greenhouse effect, which causes pimples.
- In summer, the body not only sweats but also is influenced by sunlight. There are many debates on how the sun affects acne, or whether can acne be treated with ultraviolet light? Some argue that after tanning the back acne dries out and disappear. Other studies show that sun exposure affects the skin condition. In particular, ultraviolet light increases the production of sebum that can cause clogged pores and acne.
- Acne on the back of both adult and child can appear because of insufficient hygiene. We’re not saying that you don't wash his back. The matter is that for some people extra care for the back is as essential as taking care of the face. We will explain how to conduct a proper treatment in more detail later in the article.
- Very often the reason for back acne of a child can be the fact that he scratches his back. As a rule, acne is not very itchy. But sometimes children accidentally scratch one zit, then another. Pimples begin to react more, get inflamed and become itchy.
- Adults can unintentionally scratch a pimple, using scrubs or peels for the body. Remember! If you have problematic back, and you are looking for solution on how to get rid of acne on the body, then in any case don’t subject your skin to mechanical stress. The pimples will become painful, irritated and inflamed.
These are the main external causes that can cause disruption in the sebaceous glands and the formation of acne on the back.
Unlike external factors, internal ones affect the sebaceous glands from the inside. To completely get rid of the acne on the back, you need to understand exactly what caused their appearance.
- The most common reason that causes a disruption in the sebaceous glands is the hormonal imbalance. Acne can appear after childbirth, abortion, menopause of women and adolescence of the child. It is known that hormones control the production of fat. When there’re problems in the work of the hormonal system, sebum becomes too thick and can clog pores.
- A very important reason that can cause acne not only on the back but also on the entire body is nervous stress and breakdown. If this is the case, then a neurologist must appoint the treatment.
- There is a separate group of metabolic diseases which have acne as one of the accompanying symptoms. In this case, the endocrinologist develops the treatment.
- The gastrointestinal tract disorders can cause acne, as well. It can be constipation, dysbiosis, or unbalanced diet. Therefore, the treatment is aimed at eliminating factors causing these problems.
- People with weak immune systems often suffer from acne.
READ ALSO: Can makeup cause acne?
Tips on how to treat back acne
- Before you begin the treatment and buy creams and ointments in pharmacies, try to understand the reasons of the appearance of acne. Eliminate all the possible factors that can cause acne. For example, start to wear clothes of natural fabrics.
- Adjust your diet. Pay attention to what you eat and what the intestinal microflora you have.
- If you know that acne is a result of your illness or there is a hormonal imbalance after birth or in adolescence, then wait until everything adjusts naturally.
To avoid back acne, you need to watch your diet.
- Try to limit sweet and fat, flour and fried food. It is better to enrich the diet with vegetables and monitor the amount of water consumed per day.
- Be sure to consume vitamins. You can buy complex medicines, including vitamins A, E, folic acid, zinc. Even the nursing mothers can take them after the childbirth.
- If the cause of acne lies in the incorrect bowel function, you need to take medication to correct the dysbiosis.
As you can see, you don’t have to rush to buy ointment or cream for acne, until you don’t adjust your lifestyle and your diet.
The best actions that will help to get rid of acne
If your back is thickly sprinkled with acne and it is itchy, then we are talking about serious disorders in the body. But if the acne doesn’t bring you any discomfort apart of the cosmetic defect, it is possible to get rid of them with this simple action plan:
- Take a shower often.
- Use special tools.
- Use not only the ointments or creams for acne but also masks and scrubs, the same things that you do for your face.
How to wash the back with acne?
We recommend purchasing the products that are recommended for the face acne. Those can be creams or gels for acne treatment.
Since the back is rather big in size, not everyone can afford to spend money on gels and creams. Also, not all of them are recommended after childbirth or while breastfeeding. In this case, you can use a coal-tar soap. Tar is considered an excellent antiseptic that cleans the skin. Also, the sea salt and baking soda scrub mixed with shower gel open up the pores on the back. Rub it into the skin with gentle massage movements and your skin will look much better.
- READ ALSO: What fооds cause acne?