There are many grave diseases that demand radical and serious treatment. Learn the effects and side effects of ampiclox for those health problems.
Every day our world has been changing. New technologies and inventions appear, along with the new ways of treatment and medicines. However, we not always know what particular drugs or syrups are used for. That is why many people ask what does Ampiclox treat?
Ampiclox is a type of antibiotics. It is created to kill bacteria, which cause various infections. It usually combines two types of different medicines, belonging to a group of antibiotics known as “penicillins”. They are Ampicillin and Cloxacillin.
What does Ampiclox treat? - Application
So, what does Ampiclox treat and what is it used for? Generally, it is able to treat lots of different infections. Its field of application includes:
- Respiratory tract infections: it’s quite useful for patients with bronchitis, Otitis tonsillitis, or nose infections caused by various bacteria. The ones is capable of fighting are streptococci, H. influenza, staphylococci, diplococcus pneumonia, etc.
- Gastrointestinal infections: patients with typhoid, enteritis, and paratyphoid usually show great improvements after using Ampiclox. It can kill the following bacteria: salmonella, enterococci, sheigella, Escherichia coli, and proteus mirabilis.
- Urogenital tract infections: it’s a wonderful medicine for treating cystitis, prostatitis, urethritis, and pyelonephritis, which have been caused by neisseria gonorrhea, Escherichia coli, and proteus miabilis.
- Skin and soft tissue infections: Ampiclox is effective even for abscesses, skin ulcerations, furunculosis, and cellulitis (in the cases when they are provoked by staphylococci).
- Bone and joint infections: if they are stimulated by neisseria meningitides or again staphylococci, such medicine might be of use.
- Abscess treatment: you can cure any consequences of minor surgery (like tooth extraction, etc.).
As well as many other medicines, Ampiclox have several variations. You will find the following among them:
Ampiclox Syrup. This type is available in a powdered form. Containing Cloxacillin and Ampicillin trihydrate B.P., it becomes quite useful against infections provoked by a complex of various organisms. Besides, it is effective against penicillin-resistant staphylococci. Such kind is more suitable for children. Those up to two years of age need to consume 250 mg every six hours, while those between two and ten years of age will need a bigger dose (up to 500 mg) with the same intervals.
Neonatal Drops. It is also in powdered form used for preparation of drops. This type is applicable for various infections, especially penicillin-resistant ones. A patient should take it every four hours.
Capsules. It effectively treats such bacterial infections as bronchitis, lung abscess, pneumonia, and those connected with cystic fibrosis. There are also positive results for patients with sinusitis, tonsillitis, and pelvic infections (including salpingitis, caesarian section prophylaxis, and septic abortion). It’s allowed for both children (above ten) and adults. Take one capsule every six hours. However, if necessary, the doctor may give the other prescriptions.
Along with the positive ones, every medicine possesses certain side effects. In case of Ampiclox, their list usually contains:
allergic reactions (including rash or swelling, fever),
bruising or red round spots under your skin,
delayed allergic reaction,
Erythema multiform (itchy reddish patches appear on your skin, mostly on the soles and palms),
pustules and blisters,
changes in skin color,
high temperature and sore throat,
liver side effects (including diarrhea with bleeding, darker urine / paler stools, jaundice, anemia, etc.),
large bowel inflammation.
Any side effects are very rare. However, if you still have at least one of them you should immediately tell the doctor.
Consult to a specialist before using this medicine, if:
you've an allergic reaction to any components,
you’ve been recently treated from any kind of liver or kidney diseases,
you are keeping to a diet with the restricted amount of sodium,
you are pregnant / are planning to / or you think you are.
As Ampiclox is also applicable for children, tell the doctor if the child’s mother is allergic to penicillin, or if the child has jaundice.
Now you know that Ampiclox is very useful for great number of infections and diseases. Moreover, it is allowed not only for grown-ups, but also for children. There are several types of this medicine, each of which is appropriate against special kinds of bacteria. Besides, it sometimes can be used even during pregnancy after the consultation with the specialist.
Any side effects are quite rare; however, call the doctor if you have them. Observe the prescriptions and be healthy.
READ ALSO: Top 10 deadly diseases in Africa.