In this article, we will tell you about the miraculous properties of rice water which turns out to be one of the most simple and economical ways to care for your hair and skin. Next time you cook rice, don't get rid of the rice water.
Chinese and Japanese women have been using rice water to wash their hair for more than thousand years. Europeans became interested in this method after women from Chinese settlement Huang Luo got into the Guinness Book of Records thanks to their gorgeous hair 1.8m in length. These women shared the secret of their beauty with us, and that was fermented rice water. For starters, let's find out what useful elements can be found in rice water how this simple product leads to the improvement of the body, cleansing, and strengthening of skin and hair.
Useful elements in the composition of rice water
- minerals such as phosphorus, potassium, calcium, iodine, iron, magnesium, calcium, chlorine, sodium, zinc, sulfur, manganese, selenium, copper, chromium, fluorine, boron, molybdenum, aluminum, silicon, vanadium, cobalt, Nickel
- vitamins (group B is responsible for the condition of the skin, group C has antioxidant properties, group E improves the functioning of muscles and the integrity of cell membranes, group N is a regulator of metabolism in the body)
- amino acids which are directly involved in the development of cellular structures
- fats which stimulate collagen synthesis
- the aminobenzoic acid which can serve as a whitener for the skin
- rice water doesn't contain any gluten so that no one can be allergic to it
- starch envelopes the gastric mucosa serves as a protection against aggressive environments, reduces the feeling of hunger, absorbs and removes toxins and radionuclides from the body, normalizes digestion.
READ ALSO: Does honey lighten skin?
What are the useful effects of rice water for the body?
- The normalization of the functioning of all organs
- protection from inflammation, the enhancer of the immune system
- providing the nutrients.
What are the useful effects of rice water for the skin?
- Rice water has toning and matting effect
- it tightens the pores
- lifting, tightening, wrinkle-smoothing effects
- efficient treatment of skin impurities
- rice water can be a moisturizing component in face masks
- rice water may compete with and replace the rose water
- regular using of this water can smooth the complexion, soften and add elasticity to the skin
- rice water is an antiseptic that helps to get rid of inflammatory processes and pimples on the skin, as well as soothing the burns
- rice water can whiten the skin and help to get rid of age spots
- rice water can help to protect the skin from the sun.
How to make rice water for skin beauty?
It's very easy to make at home. To create your beauty elixir, you will need:
uncooked rice (brown, white, long grain white, short grain, round grain rice, Jasmine or any other rice that you have at home) - 1/2 cups
pure filtered water - 2 cups
The method of cooking rice water:
1. To start, rinse the rice in a cup of clean water to remove all the dirt and impurities, as well as black seeds if there are any. Leave the washed rice for 2-3 minutes.
2. Next, put 1/2 cups of uncooked rice in a bowl and fill it with filtered water (1 cup). In this state, soak the rice for 15-30 minutes, not more! With clean hands lightly rinse the rice in a bowl and knead it so that the water becomes turbid. This procedure ensures that all the vitamins and minerals from rice entered the water. As a result, the water turns to a nourishing beauty elixir for the skin and hair.
3. Now you need to use a strainer or a clean gauze to gently and carefully strain the rice water into a clean glass jar or tightly sealed container. You can store the rice water only in a refrigerator for no more than one week.
That's all! The rice broth is ready to use for various beauty procedures and skin treatments. Before using this product, you should test it on a small area of your skin to check whether you have any allergic reactions.
Rice water for problematic skin
- Acne treatment. Rice water helps to heal acne and lightens the discolorations on the face in adolescence (if you have red spots after acne). Rice water acts on the skin like a slightly pulling tool, resulting in reduced pores on the face. Wipe the face with rice water using a cotton pad every day. If you have dry skin, you certainly should moisturize your skin after the procedure.
- The treatment of eczema. Components of starch present in rice water are very effective in dealing with eczema on your skin. Take a cotton sponge soaked in rice water and rinse all the affected skin areas several times. Continue doing this a couple of minutes, until the rice water is absorbed into the skin (until it dries).
- For irritated skin. Apply rice water on the rashes and other irritated spots on your face or body to slightly calm it down. Dermatological research has shown that those patients who washed their face with water and took a bath with rice water two times a day for 15 minutes have significant improvements in the state of their skin.
- A toner for face based on rice water. You can easily use rice water as a toner for the face. After standard washing with a gel or other washing products for the face, soak a cotton pad and wipe the skin in the direction of massage lines. This procedure will provide you with the tightening of the pores, stimulating blood flow and keeping your skin smooth, bright and elastic.
- Cleanser for the face. Cleaning your face with rice water is very simple. To do it, dip a cotton pad or a clean sponge into the liquid and with the soft, gentle movements massage the skin several minutes. It is not necessary to wipe the face with a towel after this procedure, it must dry naturally. With regular use, you will notice that your skin becomes soft, supple and radiant. You can use each as a daily cleansing care for your skin.
- Soft tool for removing sunburns from the skin. If you were tanning for too long on the beach and got sunburned, you can use rice water to relieve the redness and to recover quickly. For this, you will need to put the rice water in the refrigerator and use it cold to relieve the burning, redness, and pain. It is best to pour cold rice water in a spray bottle or a bottle with dispenser.
In addition to this, you can drink rice water to stimulate and enrich the entire body with nutritional minerals and nutrients. Now, think before you pour out the rice water!
- READ ALSO: How healthy is coconut oil?