The problem of excess weight people with diagnosed diabetes is known not by hearsay. A lot of people with this disease suffer from overweight, a large number of patients experiencing a obesity.
Diabetes is a disease that primarily affects strongly the metabolism in the body. The reason for this is the malfunction of the thyroid gland, which is responsible for producing the hormone insulin. While reducing this hormone in the blood begin to increase sugar levels, which subsequently leads to unpleasant complications.
Unfortunately, in our time, about 150 million people worldwide have this disease. In properly selected diet can be reduced, and in some cases even avoid medication.
To control diabetes, you must follow three basic rules:
- properly balanced diet;
- permanent weight control;
- well-chosen exercise.
Despite the fact that the main goal in this disease is to maximize the reduction of sugar, it is not necessary to refuse it categorically. At least according to modern nutritionists and endocrinologists. The most important moments in a diet is a rejection of simple carbohydrates.
These are such products as:
- sweet berries and fruits,
But the complete refusal from them is possible only in the most severe forms of diabetes. Equally important is the rejection of foods that contain large amount of fat.
The total amount of fat per day should be no more than 40 grams.
So how exactly high levels of fat in the blood lead to an accelerated progression of diabetes.
Scientists of the us clinics who study this issue have come to the conclusion that the most important factor is the constant monitoring of blood glucose. This helps to minimize the complications of this insidious disease.
With a low rate A1C in the blood decreases the possibility of complications in ophthalmology, neurology and diseases of the kidney almost 40%. That is why you need to carefully approach the selection of diet.
Diet in diabetes.
A list of foods and servings for proper nutrition:
- brown bread not more than 200 grams;
- vegetable soups daily on meat and fish broths no more than once a week;
- choose these varieties of meat and fish, which are low fat and consume them in boiled (100 grams);
- do not get carried away cereals and pasta. You can occasionally: rice, barley and wheat porridge. Semolina excluded completely;
- cabbage, radishes, cucumbers and tomatoes eat without restrictions. And here carrots, a beet and potatoes, it's rarely more than 200 grams;
- not more than 2 eggs a day cooked soft-boiled or scrambled;
- fruit only sour or sweet and sour. Same with the berries. 300 grams daily portion;
- milk only if allowed by the doctor, but dairy products daily, but no more than one glass;
- curd is recommended for daily use at 150 grams, as it normalizes the functioning of the liver;
- can drink green and black teas, as well as tomato juice.
And now we will tell you the basic principles of selecting products for the diet.
Tips when preparation your diet for each day to normalize the glucose level:
- For Breakfast, lunch and dinner portions should be the same.
- Make a schedule of meals for each day. The time should be about the same;
- And workout should be the same. Your portions must be calculated based on the number of calories required every day.
- Any gaps eating, everything must be regular.
- Medications should be taken at the same time each day.
- Choose a product with a low level of fat to normalize cholesterol and lipids, lowering these substances will reduce the risk of heart disease by up to 50%.
So it is important to eat regularly and in equal amounts of food? With every meal, sugar in the blood increases and this is natural. But if every day you eat a different number of servings, then the sugar will be allocated in different amounts.
These changes in sugar levels have a negative impact on your health. Your goal is to keep it on the same plate.
Calorie intake per day should not exceed 1200-1600 , in the following cases:
- if you are a petite woman with little growth, which is actively involved in sports;
- if you are a woman with small or average height who dreams to lose weight;
- if you are a woman with average height, not engaged in regular exercise.
In your diet should contain: foods that contain starch (6 servings), dairy products (2 servings), vegetables (3 servings), meat (2 servings), and foods containing fat (max 3 servings).
Calorie intake per day should not exceed 1600-2000, in such cases:
- if you are rather stout woman who dreams to lose weight;
- if you are a man with a small height and your weight meets growth;
- if you are a man with height is about average, not doing regular exercise;
- if you are a man with average height is about dreaming to lose weight.
Your diet must contain: foods that contain starch (8 servings), dairy products (2 servings), vegetables (4 servings), meat (2 servings), fruits (3 servings), and foods with fat content (a maximum of 4 servings).
Calorie intake per day should not exceed 2000-2400, in such cases:
- if you are a man of above-average growth, and exercise regularly and if you have a job that requires high energy costs;
- if you are a man with more than a high height and weight, which corresponds to the growth;
- if you are a woman more than tall and you practice sport regularly or your job requires high energy costs.
Your diet must contain: foods that contain starch (11 servings), dairy products (2 servings), vegetables (4 servings), meat (2 servings), fruits (3 servings), and foods with fat content (max 5 servings).
Eating with diabetes should be at least 4 times a day (preferably 5-6 times). Don't forget that products must have a sufficient set of vitamins and minerals.
Maximum try to vary your diet. Even with this unpleasant disease the list of allowed foods is quite large.
And last but not less important. If after reading the article, anything would be contrary to the recommendations of your doctor, you should not contradict him. He knowing all your medical history, adequately assess the situation. And its recommendations will be more accurate and correct.
And our article, I hope, will become your little helper in this difficult journey. For healthy people and fat burning recommended to use special fat burning drugs. For diabetics in any case do not use starvation for weight loss.
- READ ALSO: Diabetes Mellitus: causes and consequences