What are the main benefits of personal hygiene and why it should be taken seriousely? Learn now.
Do you always take care of your body? Are you well aware of the importance of personal hygiene? Let’s consider all the essential things about it.
What is personal hygiene?
It is something that helps to protect us from various diseases and illnesses. It is literally a practice, which is aimed at preserving our health. Plain people may often call it cleanliness. However, this issue is actually much wider. It usually includes lifestyle, habits, and commodities.
Modern medicine has created the key standards of personal hygiene. However, they may also vary depending on countries, cultures, genders etc. Anyway, regular hygienic habits are thought to be kind of good habits in every society. Let’s observe the main types of everyday hygiene:
- Food. It is mostly connected with preventing poisoning. There should not be any chemicals or pesticides, raw and prepared food must be separated. Besides, it should be cooked properly to kill pathogens.
- Hands. It is obvious that hand washing is inevitable. Clean your hands and nail with soap as frequently as you can. Thus, you will remove bacteria.
- Body. It is almost the same as the previous one. Wash your body every day (especially after work). It will protect your skin from unpleasant allergic and other reactions as well.
- Respiratory. It is essential, especially when you are ill. When you cough or sneeze, it is better to cover your mouth in order to prevent germs’ spread.
- House and laundry. Keep your house clean. Do disinfection and other hygienic procedures at least once a week. Use special detergents.
Explain why personal hygiene is important
Now let’s consider the key points why it is so vital to keep to those rules:
- Health benefits. It is obvious that it is helpful for our organism. Thus, we can avoid illnesses and diseases. It is possible because we prevent spread of germs from one part of the body to the other, from one person to others.
- Social benefits. If someone does not keep to hygienic rules, other people will notice it. It is unpleasant to talk to such person or even to be nearby, because, for example, of the smell. Besides, in many countries, it is even considered offensive. Such people might have problems at work or at school.
How does personal hygiene prevents disease?
There are lots of bacteria and germs around us. They are everywhere – at home, work, school, in transport. We cannot actually avoid them. But we can prevent their spread. When we wash our hands or other parts of the body, we remove harmful bacteria. Thus, they cannot make us feel bad or even ill anymore. The same thing is with or house. It should be properly cleaned. Otherwise, you may get some problems even if you preserve personal hygiene of the body.
Why is personal hygiene important in the kitchen?
We have already talked about food hygiene. Well, we cook meal at the kitchen. This place is very important. If it is dirty, full of germs and insects, it may lead to terrible consequences. Parasites spread lots of dangerous diseases. Some of them are even incurable. Besides, it is even worse if you have kids, as they are more vulnerable.
If the situation is absolutely hopeless, there might be even rats in the house and kitchen. So, do not forget to clean it every time, wash the dishes, and throw out all the rubbish in time.
Why is personal hygiene important in the workplace?
Bacteria are always around us. Besides, most of the people work with others. Well, let’s see why it is essential to keep to such rules at work:
- Disease prevention. There are thousands of germs in public transport, on the surface of your table, and in the toilet. If you forget to wash your hands thoroughly, it may finally lead to various problems with your health.
- Other people around. As we have mentioned, most of us work in companies. We have to cooperate with other people. In addition, if you avoid the key hygienic rules, it might lead to bad results. Colleagues will not like you. It will be hard to do anything with someone else because of the unpleasant odor and untidy appearance.
- Personal comfort. It is hardly possible to feel all right when you wear dirty clothes or your hair is not clean. Preserve your hygiene at least for yourself. It will allow you to feel more confident.
How to discuss personal hygiene with an employee?
It is vital to be really careful in such question. The following tips might help you to deal with such worker:
- Be polite. Do not use offensive words and try to be understanding.
- Be direct. Explain that his or her neglecting of hygiene has bad influence on the company.
- Set some kind of private conversation. Select a calm place and talk to each other.
- Do not gossip. It will be extremely impolite to spread rumors instead of talking to a person.
- Get ready for the bad result. Your employee might get angry. However, you need to be prepared and stay calm.
- Praise every improvement. Every time you notice changes for the better, praise your worker.
Such simple advice will help you to change the person’s habits effectively.
READ ALSO: How to be well groomed woman?
Personal hygiene is extremely important. It concerns not only our body, but also the places we live and attend. Keep to simple rules, and you will always be healthy.
- READ ALSO: How to be well groomed man?