What are the main reasons of diarrhea at adults and why it is necessary to exclude some products from your nutrition? Why can dairy food be the reason of meteorism? Read the information below to learn more about this widespread problem.
What foods cause diarrhea in adults?
There are several causes of diarrhea. But the main reason is connected with improper feeding and abuse of some products. So which foods cause diarrhea? Read the article to find an answer.
- Greasy food. Fried products, which contain a lot of cooking and animal fat, can lead to developing of diarrhea. Fatty sauces, pieces of meat or creamy desserts also provoke failures in work of a gastrointestinal tract. Instead of them, it is better to use the baked products with light sauces and vegetables.
- Citrus. As citrus contains a lot of cellulose, the use of them in large numbers can lead to the violation of work of intestines. If you have weak intestines, don't abuse oranges, limes, and grapefruits.
- Sugar substitutes. Chewing gum, the part of which is sweetener, can become the reason of diarrhea and even spasms. More than 50 g a day are fraught with serious problems with intestines. It concerns not only a chewing gum but also any other foodstuff containing this sweetener. The matter is that the human body isn't adapted for digestion of sorbitol. Products with the high content of cellulose, especially whole grain and vegetables, are useful to digestion. But if to use only them, everything can end with the increased gas generation, abdominal distension, and diarrhea. That is why the amount of the consumed cellulose in a diet has to be moderate.
READ ALSO: Can constipation cause back pain?
- Haricot. A widespread source of disorder of digestive tract is haricot. It quite often leads to meteorism. The great part of this bean culture is sugar, for digestion of which the human body doesn't have enough enzymes. To minimize the damage it is necessary to leave it in water not less than for 4 hours, after which the water is merged.
- Cabbage. The white and red cabbage, broccoli and other vegetables of this type contain the same sugar as haricot. There is a too large volume of the cellulose, which is contained in cabbage leaves. It is digested badly. Cabbage should be eaten only after heat treatment (best of all in a boiled state).
- Fructose. Products, in which fructose is used as the sweetener, such as carbonated drinks, candies, fruit juice is digested difficultly. It leads to diarrhea, an abdominal distension and other problems with a gastrointestinal tract.
- Spicy food. After spicy food, heartburn can develop, especially if portions were very big. The most dangerous in this plan is red burning pepper. Not incidentally Mexicans, the famous fans of this burning seasoning, eat hot dishes with milk.
- Dairy products are also included in the list of foods cause diarrhea. If you have the intolerance to lactose, dairy products can cause diarrhea too. If it has happened, you have not enough enzymes for digestion of milk in your organism. The tablets containing these enzymes can become a solution. Otherwise, you should refuse milk forever.
- Mint, chocolate, and coffee. Mint relaxes a stomach muscle that often leads to developing of heartburn. Chocolate and coffee possess the same characteristic. If you have a weak gastrointestinal tract, you shouldn't eat these products. Though it will be a pity to ignore useful properties of a peppermint.
- READ ALSO: What are the causes of diarrhea?