Christmas is full of joy, create brilliant decorations and ornaments with your own hands to make this time even more special!
Christmas is a special season. We celebrate the greatest gift of God to men and enjoy the time. We load our tables with tasty food and adorn our houses, yards and streets with Xmas decorations and ornaments. Can you make them cheap by yourself and set up an awesome DIY décor for just a trifle of its price?
4 best DIY Christmas decorations:
- Making your own candle Christmas lights
After all candles may proof to be one of the best lights in Nigeria for Christmas as we often times get the electricity switched off for hours and even days. Here is a fancy way of creating comfort in your home for the Christmas Eve with candle DIY Xmas lights. The best pictures of Christmas decorations:
Here is what you do:
- get some wood logs or beams;
- chop them to be of different size and height;
- use bore bit on your drill to cut out small hollows in the logs for the candles;
- use candles in metal covers on the logs to avoid setting them up on fire;
- arrange your logs together as a composition near the fireplace or anywhere you wish them to be (on your dinner table, etc.)
Such decorations are very affordable and unique. They look great and make your home very cozy. You can use them even throughout the year when the lights go off.
- Christmas DIY glass candlestick
Candlesticks make your home or festive table look stylish and fancy. You can create them yourself out of cheap glasses or cups. Here is what you do:
- pick a glass or a cup for your project;
- pick other decoration items: ribbons, lace, flowers, berries, dried fruit, small ornaments, cinnamon sticks, etc.
- first fit your décor onto the glass to see, who it works and how it all comes together;
- use superglue or hot glue gun to get onto the glass;
- insert a small round candle in a metal cup inside the glass.
You may use larger beer cups or old glass bottles as the foundation of your Christmas décor candle stick. You may paint them over and decoupage or use other techniques such as wrapping some rope around the bottle to decorate and create exclusive candlesticks for your celebration.
- Stylized DIY Christmas tree
Have no elm tree for your Xmas décor? No problem, why not make your own? Christmas tree decorations are not the only things you can actually make. This season stylized Christmas tress are very fashionable. This one is made out of birch branches, but you can make your own out of anything else. Here how this one is made:
- it has the central spiral foundation made out of thick wire;
- it is covered up with birch branches tied and glued to it using hot glue gun and rope;
- the flowers on the top (Christmas stars) are made out of foamiran and handcrafted (you can make yours out of any fabric or use the ready made ones);
- The tree is adorned with fabric bows, metal bells and a set of inexpensive plastic stars and shoes.
This is how spending just few naira you can create your own unique and very stylish small Christmas tree for your festive table or your room. You can add the lights to in to make it shine and sparkle. Do not set a candle inside it, unless you set it on fire.
READ ALSO: Christmas traditions in Nigeria.
- Christmas ornaments
The best thing about the DIY Christmas decorations is that you can use anything to craft them! Just anything! Here you can see the ornaments made out of old bulbs and an old dolly on a canned music piece as the footing for the composition. Here is how you can make those bulb ornaments:
- paint them over with any kind of paint (acrylic water based one works well and does not smell bad);
- the foundation color can be white or any other you fancy;
- use nail polish of your favorite color or special enamel (here it is of silver color) on the top of the dried paint;
- use ribbons and lace to decorate and cover up the tops of the bulbs.
These 4 tips can help you to create unique design for your home, table or garden spending some very little money and turning your trash into treasure.