What are the basic rules, according to which you should wash your couch and cushions of microfiber? What is the recommended temperature for washing pillows? Read the article to learn all necessary information about it.
How to clean your microfiber couch?
Microfiber is a spot-resistant material with smooth and velvety texture. Furniture from microfiber is fashionable, aesthetic and at the same time simple in service. Besides, it is a super absorbent. It is easy to clean it because of microscopic fibers. However, if you don't clean your sofa regularly, it can become awfully dirty. The sofa from microfiber represents a combination of materials on the basis of pure polyester and microfiber, and they can be not always purified only by water. Nevertheless, you can use water for cleaning if on the label of your microfiber there is a letter 'W'.
Cleaning a microfiber couch with alcohol
- Remove pillows from a sofa.
- Carefully vacuum a sofa to get rid of dust and garbage.
- Clear a sofa slightly damp fabric to save a surface from pollution. It is desirable to use white fabric as color one can paint the sofa when cleaning.
- Make removals of spots by alcohol dispersion (isopropyl alcohol) or transparent alcohol (gin, vodka) on the polluted site, scrape off a sponge or a soft brush and clean cotton fabric. Unlike water, alcohol quickly evaporates and, therefore, there is less probability that it will be deeply absorbed in fabric. It means that after cleaning there will be no stains. If on the label of a sofa there are letters SW – that means you can use solutions on a water basis, such as gentle soap, means for cleaning of carpets, shampoo for an upholstery, etc.
- Let fabric dry. To accelerate drying process, you can use the hair dryer.
- At last, scratch the surface of fabric a soft brush roundabouts. It will help to shake up microfiber and to soften rigid fibers.
READ ALSO: What is the best homemade carpet cleaner?
How to clean microfiber couch from spots and other problems?
- For removal of spots from nail varnish or other hardly removed spots, you can use hairspray (aerosol).
- For removal of hair of pets from a coach, you can use a sticky roller. Besides, you can collect hair of pets by means of rubber gloves.
- When you deal with vomiting spots, you can use the mix of vinegar and water mixed in equal parts. Apply solution on a spot and wash up it by means of soft fabric or a sponge. As for a vomiting smell, you can sprinkle on soda for pastries on an affected area and to leave it for the night. Vacuum it in the morning. You can use this method to get rid of spots and a smell of urine too.
- If chewing gum got stuck on fabric, wipe it with an ice cube. Ice will help to harden chewing gum and it can be removed from upholstery.
- It is also good to use the air-cleaner established on the delicate mode for purification of the microfiber of a sofa.
How to clean microfiber couch cushions?
- On a label on each product, the producer specifies features of washing. As a rule, it is low temperature — 40-60 degrees, and also nonaggressive detergents.
- It is don't recommended to use fabric softeners.
- Such pillows can be washed in the machine, and then to dry with an extraction.
- It is only necessary to protect it from any strong impacts — mechanical or chemical.
- Before cleaning of the sofa, check the cleaning solution on the small site of fabric. Microfiber cleaning by soap or detergent isn't recommended. It can destroy the ability of material to push away dirt and damage its texture.
- It is recommended to avoid sofa fabric saturation by water or the cleaning solution as they can leave spots.
- Though furniture from microfiber is steady against spots, but fresh water floods aren't recommended. Therefore, it is necessary to impregnate a flood with a paper towel as soon as possible that liquid hasn't filtered deeply into the fabric.
- You have to clean a sofa at least once for a month and to vacuum dust and dirt one or two times a week, especially if you have pets.
- READ ALSO: How to clean grout and tiles naturally?