Did you hear about famous American joke about the chicken? Read the article to learn more about it.
Why chicken crosses the road? – It is one of classical American jokes. The joke was published in 1847 in one of New York magazines. So, you know the answer? Why did it do a march? The answer is simple – to get to the other side. There are also variations of this trick and its funny answers.
- Why dinosaur crosses the road? Because the chicken doesn't exist yet.
- Why the duck crosses the road? To prove that it isn't a chicken.
- Why did the chicken cross the road? The car went there.
- Why scientific chicken crossed the road? To open other party.
- Why chicken has ceased to cross the road? She was tired. Everyone tries to joke of it.
Such joke is an example of anti-humor. The curious question is asked to the persons and forces them to think out various unusual funny answers. He expects some culmination, however, receives the simple answer, which has no special meaning instead of it.
There is also a set of versions of the answer to this question if it was asked to famous people. Here are some of them:
- Jerry Falwell: because this bird was gay! Isn't it clear? People, you don't see the truth nearby you? It has come over to other side. That is why they call it other part. Yes, my friends, this animal is gay. And if you eat him, you will become gay too. Listen, we have to boycott all chickens so far we won't be able to sort all this loathing, which liberal mass media whitewashes, using phrases harmless on the first sight, like 'other side'. It is impossible to allow this gay chicken to cross the road. It is clear and simple.
- Pat Buchanan: to take away job from decent hardworking American.
- Dr. Seuss: it has stolen a march? With a toad? Yes, he made it, but why it has made it they haven't told to me.
- Ernest Hemingway: To die in the rain alone.
- Grandfather: in our days we didn't ask why it made this action. Someone has told us that the chicken has run over the carriageway, and it was enough for us.
- Bible: and God has descended from Heaven and said to chicken: 'You have to cross the road!'. And the chicken has crossed the road, and there was a great pleasure.
- Platon: For the sake of its benefit. Truth is on that side.
- Machiavelli: The important element consists in that the bird has crossed the road. It doesn't make sense why. The purpose to cross the road justifies any reason.
- Buddha: asking such question means to deny the chicken nature.
- Galilei: and nevertheless it has passed…
- Jehovah's Witnesses: because from its part there has to be a doomsday soon.
The joke gained considerable popularity, therefore there is even a game with the same name. But it isn't connected with trick. The plot of this game for children is rather simple: the child operates animal that has to cross the traffic area so that it wasn't hit by the car. It can be found in the Internet.
- READ ALSO: 150 funniest black jokes too funny for words