Women love to experiment with their appearance, especially with hair. Blond girls dream to become brunettes, girls with straight hair wish to become the owners of beautiful curls. However, the desire to be beautiful can bring a lot of dangers: ranging from the ugly appearance to... lethal outcome!
At all times, women have used hair dyes to change the color of their hair. Only a few of us never changed the color of the hair. If you dye your hair once, most probably you will start doing it regularly. Some women are constantly experimenting and changing their hair color, trying themselves in different images, and some just regularly dye the roots to cover gray hair.
Thus, we constantly subject our hair and scalp to chemicals. We have all heard about the dangers of hair dye. Sometimes our hair after hair dyes turns into a truly pitiful thing.
Scientists have long been arguing that hair dye is harmful not only for the hair but the whole body. Here are five compelling proofs.
- The main danger of a hair dye is radical colors – blue, crimson and green. The composition of such dyes infrequently include substances that cause an allergic reaction and cause skin diseases. In this case, harmful elements affect not only the scalp but also the face and may cause the appearance of itchy pimples.
- The frequent application of hair dyes can trigger the development of bladder cancer. Scientists of the University of Southern California proved this thesis five years ago. The reason is the harmful chemical components contained in hair dyes. And in this case, we are talking about the most simple colors, which give the hair a variety of natural shades
- Besides, excessive hair coloring can cause the leukemia disease. This applies to both sexes, and especially those people who use hair dye invented until the mid-eighties of the last century.
- Another terrible disease, which threatens women who dye their hair, is lymphoma, a type of cancer that destroys the lymphatic system. At the same time, dyed brunettes have a bigger risk than dyed blondes.
- And finally, you can never predict how hair dye, even a hair dye of the highest quality, will affect the condition of the hair (fragility, weakness, dullness, hair loss, dryness, etc.). Moreover, it is not true that it can happen to anyone who uses a certain, possibly allergenic, hair dye. The individual response of all consumers to the components of certain hair dyes cannot be foreseen.
Remember: before applying hair dye, be sure to check whether you have any allergies to the components that make up the product. It is necessary to apply a few drops on your hands and wait for 20 minutes. If itching, redness, or anything else didn’t appear during this time, feel free to use the dye. Also remember that there is a risk of chemical burn. This can happen if the paint is mixed with wrong components.
READ ALSO: Does hair grow after death?
Don’t overdo the time of keeping the dye on the hair. If you do, you risk burning your hair. The optimal exposure time of the dye on the hair is minimum 20 minutes and maximum 40 minutes. If you are dyeing your hair at home, don't forget to note the time, in order to avoid irreparable consequences.
With ammonia or without — that is the question. Women are often tormented by the question of what paint to choose. On the shelves of beauty stores, women can see different boxes of hair dyes with images of models with great hair. But when it comes to choosing a new color, few people think about the difference between the hair dye with and without ammonia. It turns out that ammonia penetrates deep into the hair and changes its structure. If you want to make your hair a few shades lighter and get a long-lasting effect, you can use this option.
Many professionals say that the paint without ammonia is harmless and it’s better to use it to achieve the desired results. Of course, it is more gentle but less chemical. This means that it colors the gray hair worse and stays on the hair less than usual. Pregnant women or women after surgeries should use the paint without ammonia. If you want to dye the hair in a brighter color, hide unwanted tones or just change your look for a couple of months, this option would be perfect.
Can hair dye be useful for the hair?
After a good dyeing, the hair becomes soft, shiny, natural looking, it truly "comes alive." However, only natural hair dye henna can give nutrition to hair. The basis of this paint is the powder of the leaves of lawsonite. The natural pigment of this dye cares for the hair. The color intensity depends on the ability of hair to take the pigment.
The modern hair dyes include the group B vitamins, skin care elements, UV filters, plant extracts. They affect not only the hair but also the scalp. They help to strengthen the blood circulation, hair follicles, increase hair growth, and prevent hair loss. The vitamins that penetrate the hair structure help to eliminate brittleness and splitting of tips.
Hair coloring significantly improves not only their aesthetic but also helps to paint the gray hair, gives you confidence, uplifts the mood.
Can I wash dry and colored hair every day?
According to most specialists, daily washing makes hair thin and washes the dye out faster. However, the owners of oily hair still have to wash the hair every day. In this case, you need to find a good moisturizing shampoo, conditioner and extra care for the tips. There are special shampoos and conditioners for color conservation.
How to make colored hair thicker?
Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to make thin hair thicker, because the hair is our genetics. The right combination of shampoo, conditioner and special equipment in the line of styling products will provide visible volume and contribute to the thickening of the hair.
Nourishing masks for colored hair
Homemade nourishing masks for hair help strengthen and enhance the hair growth. They are an effective complementary and preventive measure in taking care of weakened and dry hair, characterized by high brittleness and loss of shine.
Here’s a recipe.
Mix 1 raw egg, a teaspoon of glycerin and vinegar, two tablespoons of castor oil. Heat the resulting mixture a little and apply to hair starting at the roots, carefully massaging the scalp. Heat a towel over the steam and wrap it around your head. Keep this homemade nourishing mask on the hair for at least 40 minutes. To enhance the desired effect, reheat the towel several times. You can apply this mask no more than two times a week.
- READ ALSO: Why hair turns gray?