How much money does one of the wealthiest African men, Niki Oppenheimer earn in a year? What is net worth of Kanye West? Read the article to learn more facts about the richest black people?
Richest black billionaires 2016
- Not the song, but own brand of the most popular premium earphones in the USA became the last hit of André Romell Young (who performs under the scenic name Dr. Dre). Last year the HTC Company purchased 51% of the Beats By Dr. Dre Company for $300 million, from which the singer received $100 million. However, in summer of this year he and his partners redeemed from the mobile giant 25% back and recovered control over the company. Because of series of transactions the new album of Doctor Dre – Detox isn't ready yet. But last albums of the rapper still are on sale well.
- Niki Oppenheimer from the Republic of South Africa is also one of the richest black people. In a year, his net worth decreased by $100 million, nevertheless is at impressive height $6.4 billion. At the end of 2011 Oppenheimer made the decision to sell to companies in America 40% of shares in the DeBeers company mining diamonds for $5.1 billion belonging to family. In July 2012, the transaction got approval of the regulator that put an end to 85-year history of family business.
- One of the most experienced stars, entrepreneur Sean Kombs, better known as Diddy, enjoys wide popularity at advertisers. The main revenue this year he has got due to assignments from sales of Ciroc vodka from the largest producer of Diageo alcoholic beverages.
- The spouse of Beyonce, Sean Carter successfully works on the household budget. A tour in support of an album joint with Kanye West brought essential earnings, and also large deals with Duracell, Budweiser, etc. Besides, Jay-Zee owns the New York club 40/40, shares in the cosmetic company Carol's Daughter and team of NBA Brooklyn Nets, creates a fashion line for Rocawear. Jay-Zee said about it: ‘I am not a businessman, I am business, Man’.
- Rapper Kanye West hit a big roll, cooperating with Jay-Z within their joint album Watch The Throne. Only for one joint performance in Dubai, they earned $6 million on the Sweet 16 party. Recently Kanye West released Nike sneakers with his own design and a collection of women clothing.
- Dwaye Carter, or Lil Wayne, in one week of sales of his new album Tha Carter IV realized one million copies. Essential earnings to the rapper were brought by partnership with Mountain Dew by Pepsi Co., and the personal brand Trukfit clothes surely gains popularity.
- In the past he was Canadian Aubree Graham — a star of teenage series Degrassi. Now he is a rising star of hip-hop-culture. This year Drake (a pseudonym under which this rapper acts) earned by large-scale tours of Club Paradise Tour and contracts with Sprite and Kodak.
- There are two women among the most noticeable beginners of the list of the richest Africans. This is Folorunsho Alakija from Nigeria (64 years, No. 24 in the list with net worth of $600 million). Her wealth grew at the expense of oil of the field of Agbami. And Isabel dos Santos from Angola (39 years, No. 31 in the list, a net worth of $500 million) is at the same time the entrepreneur, the investor and the daughter of president of the country.
- South African Johan Rupert is included in the list of the richest people with the income $5.7 billion. Its basis is goods luxury sold by his Richemont Company.
- Co-founders of Cash Money Records, Brian and his brother Ronald Slim Villiamsy release albums of such successful rappers as Lil Vane, Drake and Nikki Minaj. But brothers aren't limited to musical business. In 2010, they founded Bronald Oil and were engaged in oil business, but since January 2012, their website doesn't function. Birdman develops the brand of clothes of the same name and brand of GTVodka (Grand Touring Vodka). These projects are more successful and make profit.
- Christopher Bridges better known as Ludacris earned the most part of money not with musical, but actor's and entrepreneurial talent. Ludacris played in movies Fast Five and New Year’s Eve, sounded advertising of retail network of RadioShack electronics, issued Conjure cognac of average price category and, obviously, having spotted the idea at Doctor Dre, created the brand of Soul earphones.
- The second time in a row the list of the richest black billionaires is headed by Nigerian Aliko Dangote — in a year his income grew from $10.1 to $12 billion. At the same time, the share of his wealth is cement — his Dangote Cement Company works in 14 countries of the continent. ‘Business is war. Therefore destroy the competitor completely. Make friends among influential people. Do good. Sometimes’. These are the rules, to which the first billionaire strictly conforms.
- Among debutants of the list, there are South Africans Desmond Sacco (No. 15 with $1.4 billion) heading mining concern Assore. And Braids Becker (No. 36 with $450 million), who managed to turn Naspers media group into the multi-national company.
- READ ALSO: Who is the richest black man in the world?