Most employees in small and big firms collude with dealers or suppliers to inflate prices when asked by their employers to arrange for furniture, computer equipment, even Xmas gifts & Sallah rams for (corporate) clients, office stationery and ordinary tissue paper. Cost of purchase of buildings are increased at times by a whopping 500%. Hotel bills, petty contracts up to NEPA bills are inflated. COMMITTEES IN CHURCHES AND PASTORS ARE ALSO FULLY INVOLVED IN THIS ACT DURING BUILDING AND RENOVATION PROJECTS. I am fed up with what I see and hear.
My questions are:
1. IS IT GOOD/PROPER TO INFLATE PRICES?
2. IS IT POSSIBLE FOR PEOPLE NOT TO STEAL IN THEIR WORKPLACE?
3. IS IT IMPOSSIBLE FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE WITHIN THEIR MEANS/INCOME AND STILL BE COMFORTABLE?
4. IS THIS ACT BEING SMART OR WHAT?
5. DOES EVERYBODY DO IT? (MAYBE I AM THE DUMB FOOL THAT DOESN'T!!!)
The replies, as expected, maybe scanty b/c this is probably not the so-called “A HOT TOPIC”, but, please, air your views. This is a serious issue. Of course, you choose to remain silent rather than being unruly.