[/b]How Islamic banking can boost economy, by Lamido, others[b]
[/i]THE Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) Governor, Sanusi Lamido, and other experts have expressed their support for Islamic banking in the country since it has much potential to boost the economy.[i]
Above is an excerpt from guardian, WHy must everything in this country be turned into an islamic issue, I m wondering is it possible to have a Nigeria where there is no state sponsoring of religion citing our religious complicities,
Currently below are issues that makes me wonder why don't we become a full blown islamic state
1. Islamic Banking about to take root
2. Nigeria is a member of Organization of Islamic (OIC) countries
3. Tax payers money is used every year to sponsor people to the hajj, there is even an office for the hajj
4. Tax payers money are used to sponsor a militant organization i.e Hisbah police known as religious police in the North
5. Last week a yoruba Islamic scholar Ishaq Akintola, was clamoring for the Arabic letters in the Naira. He's reason being because there are muslims in this country.
6. national mosque , for what, as well as national ecumenical center?
FOR THE RECORD I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING PERSONALLY ABOUT MUSLIMS,, BUT AT THE SAME TIME CAN'T THEY SEE NIGERIA IS A MULTI-RELIGIOUS COUNTRY, NO WINCH WOULD MAKE NIGERIA AN ISLAMIC NOR A CHRISTIAN STATE SO WE BETTER DOING THINGS FOR THE COUNTRY IRRESPECTIVE OR RELIGIOUS AFFILIATIONS