OBASANJO IS A PAPER WEIGHT?
Event on the political scene seem to be taking a dramatic twist since the former president called the shot that the incumbent should “follow the Path of Honour and Morality”. The voice of those calling on Yaradua to behave as a statesman is swelling by the day. It was as if they were all waiting for the general to bear his mind on the political development especial as it affects the presidency.
The long list keeps increasing as the following have also follow suit for the call that Yaradua to immediately handover in the sprit of national unity and take care of his failing health. They include.
1. The 41 eminent Nigerians which incidentally are members of the PDP
2. The Senate
3. The former leaders headed by Gen. Gowon
4. 200 Reps have also signal their intention to wave the Yaradua Must Resign Card
5. The International Community are also concern about Nigeria largely because of yaradua who is holding on to power despite his failing health. But their concern was voiced after the man they respect so much spoke meaning charity begins at home.
6. Ken Nnemani had a press conference today and demanded for immediate removal of the president so that he can return to the warm embrace of his family members.
7. Arewa Consultative Forum is also not left behind in the call for Yaradua to follow the honourale path of history.
8. Some governors also spoke openly on the same issue especially those from the northern block.
Furthermore, it look as if they were all waiting for the fearless general to speak his mind and immediately he spoke many of them started queuing behind him. It was when the indomitable lion of Ota broke the silence that ‘Yardua Doctors’ suddenly realize that the man is fit to return to the country and continue as our leader. The BBC interview: The president seems not to be well enough considering the way he sounded. I also believe that returning to Nigeria look not to be a good idea as at the time of the interview and was never on the card.
From an objective point of view, I will not want us to dwell too much on the rationale behind the call by Obj. It might be in the best interest of the nation or not because some people in certain quarters have question his sincerity. Let us assume he is nationalistic in respect to his timely remark.
With these developments, I put it across to fellow members on the forum: IS OBASANJO REALLY A PAPER WEIGHT IN THE PRESENT POLITICAL EQUATION AND DISPENSATION as claimed by some of his antagonist in the ruling party and the opposition alike? Can we say Yaradua fear Obj to the extent of wanting to risk his life because of weightless seemly threat or CARELESS REMARK from “An Ex-President”?
Please be objective frank and polite in your contributions.