Which African politicians are the most influential? Who can be mentioned in the list of the most intelligent ones? Read the article to know about their life and career.
There are lots of countries in Africa. Each of them has its ruler. The welfare of the state highly depends on the way it is controlled and the on the man in power. Not all of the African Presidents were very successful on this position. However, there were those, who managed to improve the countries’ social, economic and financial state.
African leaders’ names
Let’s first look at the most recognizable people in power:
- Abdel Fattah El-sisi (President of Egypt),
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf (President Liberia),
- Kofi Atta Annan (Diplomat of Ghana),
- Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (Financial Minister of Nigeria),
- Uhuru Kenyatta (President of Kenya),
- Salva Kiir (President of S. Sudan),
- Yoweri Museveni (President of Uganda).
As you see, there are not only heads of state in the list. People on other positions might be quite influential as well.
List of African presidents
Now we can consider the most intelligent rulers and their merits. The most successful ones were the following:
- Mohammad VI. He is a current king of Morocco. He obtained both religious and traditional education. Besides, he learnt Quran by heart. He has a degree in Law and a certificate in Political Science. Later this man also received a Doctorate in Law. He is responsible for many modern reforms and he is the one, who has given women more rights.
- Faure Essozimna Gnassingbe. He is a President of Togo, who has come to power in 2005. He was born in Afghan. This ruler got Master Degree in Business Administration in the USA. He used to be a deputy to the Togo National Assembly. He also was Mines and Telecommunication Minister in the past. Lots of people call him an extremely skilled politician. He is working on reconciling politicians within the country and reviving cooperation with the EU.
- Robert Mugabe. He used to be one of the powerful East-African presidents. Today he is an actual head of Zimbabwe. He received many degrees, including Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Administration, Science, Education and a few others. This man was also a Prime Minister of the country. He is responsible for several important reforms, such as land reform and economic empowerment.
- Jose Eduardo dos Santos. He is the second and current president of Angola. He received his education in the Soviet Union, where he studied petroleum engineering. Later he continued to study communication there. This politician is known for his programs of liberation of Angola and economic and political development of the country. There was the time, when this man fought for the independence of Portugal.
- Ellen Johnson Sirleaf. The only woman in the list is Liberian President. She studied accounts and economics. She received Master Degree in Public Administration in Harvard. This woman started as a Minister of Finance. She did a lot for her country, signing Freedom of Information Bill, deducing national debt and protecting the rights of minorities.
All those people are well-educated and smart. They are working hard for their countries and really deserve to be in the list of the most intelligent ones.