1. Zik- Only ceremonial presidency.Over thrown by a millitary coup which Aguiyi didnt participate in
2. Aguiyi Ironsi - Killed in a military coup led by Murtala Mohammed
3. Gowon - Over thrown by Murtala Muhammed
4. Murtala Mohammed- killed in a coup attempt
5. Obasanjo - Willfully stepped down
6. Shehu shagari - Over thrown by Buhari
7. Buhari - over thrown in a coup led by Babaginda
8. Babangida - refused to step down. Only stepped down cos of the heat.
9. Shonekan- buahahhaa was thrown out forcefully by Abacha
9. Abacha - he wudda still been the president till 2day if not 4 his death. Thank u lawd lawd. he was never even elected president. how badden??
10. Abdusalmi Abubakar - stepped down
11. Obasanjo - present
Who was the worst president 2 date
btw this is one of the opinions i got from another site,
Originally Posted by chxta
It's easy to lay all the blame on Abacha and IBB, and God knows that they were both hopeless. But for me it is the person who squandered our initial opportunity at greatness that is the worst. The one who once said: Nigeria's problem is not money it is what to do with it. The one who paid salaries for some Caribbean country because we were too generous, while real structures weren't being put in place to ensure growth here. The one who began political maradonaism while Babangida was but a Captain in the Army.
The one and only: Jack Gowon.
(IMO the only good thing he ever did was keeping Nigeria one.)
so what's your take