Then why not check out Glenn Morton
1. The opinion that the earth is older than 6000 years does not contradict the bible nor does it disprove how miraculous God works.
2. If you knew how a petroleum system works, you would be thrilled and amazed at how our earth works (and even glorify its creator more!).
3. It is clear you have chosen to listen to heresay so I let you be with your opinion.
Good point. Let's see some of the things that would be impossible on the premise that the earth were about 6000years old:
1) Would would never be able to explore for and find petroleum fuel on calculations of an earth 6000 years old.
2) Would would not see many of the star light you see now on the basis of a world 6000 years old
Can you think of others?
You were taught wrong. There are many proofs existing on earth today that prove the earth is a lot older than 6000 years. This is even disregarding evolution entirely as a means to prove this assertion.
Well believing how old the earth is doesn't really change anything for me and you personally but if that theory was to be put in a science text book, then a lot of things would go wrong in our everyday life. So I suggest you carry out your own experiment and study 'Bishop Usher's' calculation and what general science has written down and come to a conclusion yourself.