Av been a Roman Catholic since i was born, av seen the good and bad side of being a Roman Catholic, av also seen some of the evils propagated by the Catholic church (Sex Scandals etc) and Catholics alike. But besides all this negative vices, being a Catholic has been one of the best things that has happened 2 me.
Why am saying all these is because in Nigerian the rate people change church is very alarming. And some of their reasons are very silly ranging 4rm excuses like.
1. They av seen the light in their new church.
2. The church members are not well dressed.
3. The Church doesn't read the bible or doesn't interpret the bible very well.
4. Some say they don't like orthodox church, rather they like new generation churchs.
5. Some even give lousy excuses like their pastors speak local languages, that they prefer American type preaching pastors (like Pastor Chris, Chris Oyakilome etc.)
6. Some say their previous church n the pastors are sinful n corrupt.
Infact the list of excuses is endless.
My Question is this, even though these excuses are correct or geniune, is it a enough reason 2 change 4rm one church 2 another on a regular basis. I think the best decision is 2 try n make a positive impact in ur church, try 2 convince them that they can do better n not leaving dem 4 lousy reasons n excuses. Because i know guys who av changed churches on more than ten occasion.
Am open 2 contributions pls.