Have you ever thought of requirements necessary to join Nigerian Air Forces? Read this article to know how.
If you dream of becoming a pilot or of serving to your country as a member of air forces, these instructions are just for you. There are general and medical requirements to apply for Nigerian Air Forces..
- All applicants must be of Nigerian origin, that’s the only suitable nationality
- Applicants must be between the ages of 17 and 22 years for non-tradesmen/women, 17 and 24 years for tradesmen/women by 31 December 2016
- Those applying as drivers must be between the ages of 18 and 28 years by 31 December 2016
- All applicants must be single
- Minimum height is 1.68 meters or 5.5ft for males and 1.65m or 5.4ft for females
- All applicants must be medically fit and correspond to the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment requirements
As you can see, these requirements are not so hard to be performed. But let’s not forget about your education.
- Non-Tradesmen/women: Applicants must have a minimum of 5 credits including Mathematics and English at not more than 2 sittings obtained not later than 4 years to this exercise.
In addition, applicants are also must possess their school’s attestation.
- Tradesmen/women: Applicants must possess OND, NABTEB, RN/RM or City & Guild Certificate. Candidate with only Trade Test Certificate are required to also have a minimum of 3 passes in GCE/SSCE/NECO including English. In addition, applicants applying as tradesmen/tradeswomen must possess ND (with minimum of Lower Credit) or other relevant trade qualification from government-approved institutions.
READ ALSO: How to apply Nigerian Navy?
Applicant’s attestation form must be signed by a military officer from the same state as the applicant and not below the rank of Squadron Leader or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and the Nigerian Navy, and Police Officer of the rank of Assistant CP and above.
The signee’s passport photograph and either photocopy of driver’s license or international passport must be attached.
In addition, applicants must bring with them a letter of attestation of good character from any of the officers above to the Zonal Recruitment Centers and final selection interview.
As you can see joining the air forces is not an easy business. Those entire requirements show that that the applicant must be developed not only physically, but academically.