Who of football players became the most expensive transfer of Premier League 2016? How much money does Paul Pogba cost? Read the article to learn more details about the most interesting moves.
This football season will become one of the most memorable not only for brilliant matches, but also for expensive moves. Read all about premier league transfer rumors and trends in this article.
Premier league transfer news
- One of the most expensive premier league transfers 2016 became Paul Pogba – £93.25 million. Manchester United signed the biggest agreement in world soccer when Paul Pogba reunited with club, having left Juventus. It reached a world record of £89 million in the field of a transfer. France signed the five-year contract, and collection of Euro increased to £93 million. 23-year-old footballer played for Juventus since 2012, taking part only in seven senior matches for all the time of fight for his club. But the manager of Jose Mourinho was complete of determination to return the person and told that contract signature was a key for its plans to recover club. He believes that the player can join the list of great people of Old Trafford.
- Shkodran Mustafi – £35 million. Arsenal spent £35 m for Valencia center-back of the central defender Shkodran Mustafi. The boss of Arsenal was forced to purchase the new central defender in the transfer market after untimely injuries prior to the beginning of season of Per Mertesacker and Gabriel Paulista. As a result, the Frenchman decided to attract Germany to northern London under five-year contract for a fee, which rose to the whole £35 million. However, under the agreement, which came to the end on August 30, the player won't join team before termination of the international break.
- Leroy Sane – £37 million. Germany became the following holder of the biggest transaction of Manchester City when this football player has joined for £37 million, according to the five-year agreement of Schalke. Sane told he has chosen the City because of Pep Guardiola, which is considered one of the most fascinating young prospects in Europe. He debuted as player of Germany against France last year and was in team during Euro-2016, though he played only 11 minutes against Les Bleus in semi-final. His team has lost 2-0. ‘He has a big ability and unique way of soccer game’ – Guardiola said.
- John Stones – £50 million. The player has passed into Manchester City from the Everton for £47.5 million under the six-year contract. This payment made Stones the richest defender in the history of Premier league moves, having reached £50 million with additions. It corresponds to the sum, which Paris Saint-Germain has paid by Chelsea for David Luiz, to the most expensive defender in the world now. The 22-year-old footballer played in protection of Everton more than Adam Lallana, who was in the center of Liverpool in last season. He is not afraid of hard work and was holder of three offers from Chelsea during transfer window of last summer 2016.
- Sadio Mane – £36 million. Sadio Mane has joined Anfield, having left St. Mary. He has undersigned for Liverpool under the five-year contract this summer, having made himself the most expensive African player in the history. The representative of Metz academy, Mane has scored 21 goals in 67 matches of the Premier league for Saints after connection for £10 million from Salzburg and has moved to Southampton in 2014 approximately for £12 million. Senegalese forward became the fifth player who has joined Liverpool from club of the southern coast for the last two years. ‘I am very glad to undersign for one of the largest clubs in Europe. It is the club, which has gained many prizes and has a big history’ – he said.
- Granit Xhaka – £34 million. Granit Xhaka has joined the Arsenal for £34 million. The Swiss for the first time became the holder of contract with Arsenal and the third transfer in respect of high cost ever. The former captain of Borussia Monchengladbach conducted Bundesliga club to the fourth place in league in last season and has received qualification in the Champions League during last two seasons. Xhaka has made start in draw in Leicester, but has caused a stir in fine goal in Gunners – 3-1 in Vicarage Road.
- Michy Batshuayi – £33.2 million. The 22-year-old forward of Belgium became the first contract participant of Antonio Conte in Chelsea. He started the career in Antonio Conte and joined Marseille in the summer of 2014, having scored 15 goals in the first season. Batshuayi participated in the last 16 victories of Belgium over Hungary at the level of Euro 2016 and affected their exit in quarterfinal in Wales. After that, the player decided to move to Stemford Bridge, saying: ‘I am glad to sign the contract with one of the largest clubs in Europe’.
- READ ALSO: How to watch premier league live