Do you want to join Nigerian army, but you are still unaware of the key requirements? Do you think you have all it takes to join the force? Read the article below to get to know all the Nigerian army recruitment requirements.
Before joining the Nigerian army, everyone probably has plenty of questions with no answers. Having read this post, you will obtain all the knowledge you need to make a perfectly informed decision as whether to continue your desire to join the army in Nigeria.
A bit of history
The official Nigerian army was created in1960. At that time, it consisted of almost 20.000 personnel. Presently the Nigeria army has more than 110.000 employees. It is the biggest division of the Nigerian Armed Forces with headquarters in Abuja. The army`s motto sounds like the following: “Victory is from God alone.”
The Chief of Army Staff is the head of the Nigerian Army. Presently, it is Tukur Yusuf Buratai, Major-General.
How to join the Nigerian army forces
Everyone has to meet all the subsequent Nigerian recruitment requirements to join the army:
- At the time of application, your age should be from 18 to 22. Please not that it concerns non-tradesmen women. At the same time, tradesmen women` age must be from 18 to 26;
- An applicant must be Nigerian origin by birth only;
- Every applicant must fit all physical, medical, and psychological requirements. That exactly means that a candidate should not have any determined health issues, mental and physical disabilities;
- Height: For men the minimum height is 1.65 meters. For women – 1.56 meters;
- An applicant must have no criminal conviction;
- Every candidate has to join the zonal screening exercises at the chosen zonal center for applicant`s state. Please keep in mind, that if there is no zonal screening center in your state, you can find the one in neighboring state;
- Every candidate who wants to join the Nigerian army must accordingly fulfil all the necessary forms. After they are completed, they should be submitted to the examination location on the date when the screening exam is fixed.
The list of all the required educational qualifications to join the army
Everyone who desires to join the Nigerian army forces as a non-tradesman or woman must:
- Have at least four credits in not over two sittings GCE/ WASSCE /NECO/NABTEB. Please also note that English language is a necessary credit;
- Have OND/Trade Test/City and Guild Certificate.
The list of document to join the Nigerian army
During the recruitment process, every candidate also needs to have the following documents:
- Copies of age declaration affidavit and birth certificate;
- Copies of all professional and academic certificates (counting NECO/ SSCE/GCE);
- A letter of identification. The identifying officer must also sign it in “Section F” of the completed application form. It should be printed from the Nigerian army’s online application portal.
Please keep in mind that you must have all the original credentials and documents during the screening exercise.
READ ALSO: How much is Nigerian army salary?
How to apply to join the Nigerian army
All candidates should remember that the process of registration is made online. To make it fast, please, follow the above-mentioned stages:
- Visit the Nigerian Army recruitment portal (http://recruitment.army.mil.ng);
- All candidates must apply only once, as numerous application will be ineligible;
- Register by choosing your preferred username and password;
- Login to the portal with your username and password;
- Fill in all the compulsory information and submit your application;
- Print a copy of the application validation page.
While submitting online application online, all candidates must also print the filled application form. It must contain the subsequent parts:
- Sponsors form;
- Declaration and Certification by Guardian/Parents form;
- Police Certification form.
- Local Government Area Certification form.
All applicants must come to the chosen screening centres with all online printed forms.
If you have finally made up your mind to join the army, please study all these above-mentioned Nigerian army recruitment requirements attentively. We wish your good luck!