Which army is considered the strongest in the world? How many weapons does it have? Read the article to learn more.
Which country has the strongest army in the world?
The rating of the strongest army in the world 2016 is made on the basis of data of Global Firepower, which have defined top ten from 126 countries. So which army is the strongest in the world?
- The military structure of Turkey includes more than 500 thousand people. In spite of the fact that Turkey has no nuclear weapon and it has no aircraft carriers, it is distinguished with the powerful military and air fleet. About 1000 military planes are a part of aircraft. The navy consists of 14 submarines, and armored machinery includes over 3.5 thousand units. More than 18 billion dollars are spent on arms and development of military technologies in the country.
- Japan gets the ninth position in the list of the strongest armies in the world. Military human resources of the state include about 250 thousand soldiers. The Japanese armies have the most powerful air and navy. About 1.6 thousand of military aircrafts are a part of it. Naval forces have 16 submarines and 1 aircraft carrier in stock. The armored machinery of army contains about 800 units. The only thing, which Japanese army doesn't have, is nuclear weapons. The country allocates 49 billion dollars for development of military resources.
- About 200 thousand soldiers are a part of military forces of Germany. The powerful force of Germany, first of all, is concentrated in aircraft, which includes more than 700 military planes. A nuclear weapon isn't a part of arms of the country, and also the army has no aircraft carriers. Resources of the country have more than 400 units of armored machinery. 4 underwater vessels are a part of the navy. For the development of military equipment and army, 45 billion dollars are annually allocated from the state budget.
- South Korea is in the seventh place. In spite of the fact that the country has no nuclear weapons, it doesn't prevent it to take the place in 10 leading positions. Human resources of army include about 700 thousand soldiers. Armies are well equipped with armored machinery. It is about 2.5 thousand units. As a part of aircraft, there are about 1400 military aircrafts. As for navy, in its structure, there are no aircraft carriers and only 14 submarines. The state makes a considerable part of the money on development of army — about 34 billion dollars yearly.
- In 2016 France, the army number of which makes a little more than 200 thousand people has taken the sixth place. The state is included in ten influential military powers, thanks to strong navy and well-equipped arms. The French aircraft includes more than 1200 pieces. The army has 300 nuclear warheads and 423 units of armored machinery. The navy can brag of 1 aircraft carrier and 10 submarines. The spent budget of the state for needs of army and development of military technologies makes 43 billion dollars.
- The fifth place with the strongest army of the world 2016 is held by Great Britain. Despite structure of the army, which includes about 200 thousand people the country has the huge potential of military equipment in a reserve. The military aircraft is considered the strength of Great Britain. About 1000 planes are a part of the military and air fleet. The marine facilities have 11 submarines and 1 aircraft carrier. 225 nuclear warheads are at the disposal of military forces of the state. Great Britain annually invests about 54 billion dollars in the development of army.
- Indian army has more than 1.3 million people. One of the strongest armies in the world has a nuclear arsenal. The budget selected by the state for development of military technologies makes 46 billion dollars. About 100 nuclear warheads are at the disposal of military forces. The Indian aircraft has about 2 thousand aircrafts in the structure. In navy of India 17 submarines and 2 aircraft carriers are adopted. Recently the country shows good results in dynamics of development of the economy. Thanks to it in the state not only own developments of the equipment are conducted, but also military equipment with the use of the latest Russian technologies is created.
READ ALSO: Who is army chief of staff in Nigeria?
- About 2.5 million soldiers are a part of an army of China. If to consider all human resources suitable for an appeal, then their number will make about 60 million people. Such high figure is caused by population density of China. Military resources of the country include more than 9 thousand armored machinery, 250 nuclear warheads and about 3 thousand of military planes. The navy includes 69 atomic and nuclear submarines and 1 aircraft carrier. The budget of the state for development of army makes 126 billion dollars.
- Russia gets the second place. The great power has a little more than 1 million soldiers. The army is considered the very powerful throughout the world. It is provided with the latest military equipment. The budget for needs of the army, production and purchase of military equipment makes more than 76 billion dollars every year. The military and air fleet include over 3 thousand planes. Also, the navy has 63 submarines and 1 aircraft carrier. In a stock of the country, there are more than 8 thousand nuclear warheads and 15 thousand units of tanks.
The strongest army in history
The leader of the strongest armies in the world in 2016 is the USA. One of the strongest armies has 1.4 million people of the military personnel. Americans have the military bases practically worldwide. A third of money of the country goes on the development of army and military equipment. It is about 581 billion dollars. The American soldiers have the most modern military equipment, which is periodically updated. The USA has the huge nuclear potential, which includes about 7.5 thousand nuclear warheads.
- READ ALSO: Who are army rangers?